TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another ebay '08 SGT-Great pics!

Strawman

Anyone else notice that they got rid of the old cut out GT grill for the 2008 SGT. The pins looked different than 2007 as well. Looks like thicker plates. The scoop even looks good! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-FORD-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here you can see the hood pins are VERY different. I'm a little upset with this grill thing. We were promised a fix for this back in January and heard nothing since.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-FORD-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here you can see the hood pins are VERY different. I'm a little upset with this grill thing. We were promised a fix for this back in January and heard nothing since.

I got to agree with you Matt. I love my car but these three items are the ones we have had issues with. Nice to see they were address with the 2008 but I would go one further and would like to see the grill, new Shelby GT pins, and hood fix package sent out to all 2007 SGT owners. But I'm guessing the parts are all spoken for the 2008 SGT and they are in short supply. If not free...I would like to at least see SAI offer a 2007 "fix" package to be offerred to owners at cost. Interesting. We'll see what happens. SAI?

Sorry guys, here's another request for someone to post pics for me. The Marines don't want anyone shopping on ebay either. Two more weeks and I'll not have to ask anymore! Thanks in advance.

An assist here please, anyone?

Beautiful car...I really like the color. AFBlue and Dig-It will have sweet looking rides.

However, I can't believe no one has complained yet about the "NorthCentral Ford" badge installed on the rear. I'm going to be up in the DFW area next weekend...might have to go by the dealership and bitch at them about doing that...

They did??? I thought they said they wern't going to do anything?

See this thread:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=872&st=20

Where Amy says:

SAI-Amy Posted on: Jul 20 2007, 02:15 AM

The grill is complete and engineered. It is in production, we should have stock soon, I will check next week. SPP will be selling them

Amy

But now that I see it I'm not sure what's worse...the old grill or the hanging driving light sockets. The old grill does make the area behind the grill cleaner in some respects from most angles. Now you see the old driving lights hanging there in clear view. Ugh...I'm never satisfied. :(

Beautiful car...I really like the color. AFBlue and Dig-It will have sweet looking rides.

However, I can't believe no one has complained yet about the "NorthCentral Ford" badge installed on the rear. I'm going to be up in the DFW area next weekend...might have to go by the dealership and bitch at them about doing that...

You beat me! :angry:

one of them have cables on the hood pins and one doesnt our am I just seeing things

one of them has cables on the hood pins and one does not or am I just seeing things.speaking of the 2 different auctions

one of them has cables on the hood pins and one doesnot our am I just seeing things

If you get the lower grille and fog lights (like I am), the light sockets will be used down below. I know I very happy they are doing a full up replacment grille. I'm also hoping the new hood pins are less susceptable to damage.

So AF your still going through with the deal on the 2008 SGT? Please do yourself a favor IF your still going to do it, get the SC and leave all the other options off. YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!!!

Of course this is just my $7K er I mean .02 cents! :P

I got to agree with you Matt. I love my car but these three items are the ones we have had issues with. Nice to see they were address with the 2008 but I would go one further and would like to see the grill, new Shelby GT pins, and hood fix package sent out to all 2007 SGT owners. But I'm guessing the parts are all spoken for the 2008 SGT and they are in short supply. If not free...I would like to at least see SAI offer a 2007 "fix" package to be offerred to owners at cost. Interesting. We'll see what happens. SAI?

+ 1

Ouch...I see that the msrp of the Shelby Package went up by $1200 bucks! The blue is a nice addition to our blacks and whites. I don't see any difference in the grille between my '07 and this one...can someone point that out?

Ouch...I see that the msrp of the Shelby Package went up by $1200 bucks! The blue is a nice addition to our blacks and whites. I don't see any difference in the grille between my '07 and this one...can someone point that out?

Ilmor,

If you look directly into the grille and look deeper, you will see that there is no "sub grille" behind the vertical bar grille and you can see an unobstructed view of the radiator. When you look through the 07's you will see the original GT black grille with the empty holes for the factory fog lights behnid the vertical bars.

I don't see any pins like the 2008 SGT. The 2008 SGT has Shelby GT on them.

I see three pin sets on SPP:

orig pins like on the 2007 SGT

new pins with Shelby on them

new pins without Shelby on them

Berg,

When I called last week to order they were only shippiing the "Shelby" pins. They had over 200 sets in stock. Other than the original. There are no others avalible that I am aware of.

Roger

Ouch...I see that the msrp of the Shelby Package went up by $1200 bucks!

This may be symantics but the MSRP didn't really go up. The $7390 (+$1000 GGT) that many consider the MSRP for the Shelby package was actually the parts invoice to the dealers. That is why many of them removed the Shelby window sticker from the early cars and the later Shelby window stickers came without the $7390 on the sticker. If you bought a Shelby GT at the Mustang MSRP plus $8390 you actaully paid below MSRP.

What is 'ouch' though is the MSRP price for the convertible. :P

Archived