TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" It is what it is"

csm198

I felt compelled to say this. Maybe I'm just bored but here it goes.

I keep hearing (here and there), that alot of people think the Shelby GT should have more power.

Maybe it should have. But it's got great balance...Everything works together.

HP is what the GT500 and the KR and the SS are all about.

If you really do need more just go buy yourself a Whipple or Paxton and get it on!

The SGT is a small block, well balanced road car that kicks ass around corners. I believe that is what is was created for.

I'll be the first one to admit there's always room for more HP. ;)

If you have any doubts about how nice your small block Shelby is....just sign up for an autocross or join a club and when they rent out the track, Get out there!!! Enjoy! Drive it like it's the last day on earth!

Ok I'm ok now :D

I keep hearing (here and there), that alot of people think the Shelby GT should have more power.

If you really do need more just go buy yourself a Whipple or Paxton and get it on!

The SGT is a small block, well balanced road car that kicks ass around corners. I believe that is what is was created for.

If you have any doubts about how nice your small block Shelby is....just sign up for an autocross or join a club and when they rent out the track, Get out there!!! Enjoy! Drive it like it's the last day on earth!

There are options out there to make our engines more powerful , cams = 30 to 40 RWHP , Underdrive pulley =10 HP , you could easily get to 350 RWHP with just bolt on , I guess its just how bad do you want it . No it will never be a GT 500 but it wasn't made to be that either . I do wish that they would add the Hellion Turbo kit option to the approved list of power adders , instead of the power robbing superchargers , it would be less stress on the engine and have the ability to make more power.

I would tend to agree the GT feels very good but I have not pushed it to the edge yet. I've read a lot of articles on the GT500 none of them were very positive nobody liked the handling, I'd like to see a headsup comparison between the GT and the GT500. Obviously the 500 has it on horsepower but on a tight track, slalom or autocross it may be a different story. One article I read thought the Parnelli Jones car may have been one of the best balanced out there and thats pretty similar to our car. Check this out Shelby versus Roush

B)

Needs more "stock" HP period.

Nice video, but 2 observations from just watching the first couple of minutes:

1) he says the gt500 has a 4.6 liter v8 engine with a big s/c?

but we all know it is really a 5.4 liter v8

2) I dont think a road course comparison is appropriate unless you use 2 coupes or 2 verts.

Comparing a coupe to a vert is always going to lopsided. the coupe will always overperform the vert just based on structural rigidity alone. A basic dynamic of car handling prowess, no?

quick, someone who knows something about this....chime in

Archived