TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Service from non-selling dealer

Strawman

Those who've purchased their SGT's from a different dealer than where they're serviced, what kind of reception can I expect from the servicing dealer? I live in Florida, buying my SGT from Randy at Freeway Ford in Denver, I'm a little concerned how I'm going to be treated locally.

Those who've purchased their SGT's from a different dealer than where they're serviced, what kind of reception can I expect from the servicing dealer? I live in Florida, buying my SGT from Randy at Freeway Ford in Denver, I'm a little concerned how I'm going to be treated locally.

I took mine to a closer dealer for a leaking shock. They are more than happy to charge Ford for the warranty work. At first they asked if I did the modifications or if they came that way, but otherwise they treat me just fine. The service shop revenue can make or break a car dealer.

I have used 2 non-selling dealers without any problem. One of them was pitiful, but they would have been that way even if I bought my car there.

I bought mine in Mass but live and take it to my local dealer in Maine. My dealer in Maine was playing the bend over ADM game so I went elsewhere. The service guys are great where I go and have no issues at all. They cant control what the sales department does and have never looked down on me or given me a hard time.

I bought mine in Mass but live and take it to my local dealer in Maine. My dealer in Maine was playing the bend over ADM game so I went elsewhere. The service guys are great where I go and have no issues at all. They cant control what the sales department does and have never looked down on me or given me a hard time.

My local dealer played that same game, so I went elsewhere too, 5 months ago. He was asking $52K and would not drop below $42.5. Now, that same SGT is sitting OUTSIDE by the road w/ a big sign next to it advertising it at $39.8K, still $2K more than I paid. Some dealers never learn I guess.

I was recently forced to goto the nearest dealer form the side of a freeway. i couldn't be happier with their service. For normal service if you live or work local they should try to keep your business. If you take your car to a dealer for regular service you may have better luck when it comes to warranty. If they don't don't go back.

Archived