TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air bag

Has anyone removed the airbag to send to carol Shelby for an autogarph? I was hoping the lower panel just above the glove box door would come off, but it appear that it does not.

My next option is to remove the passenger airbag and get a signature. Any thoughts on this

Just make sure you disconnect the battery before you start futsin with it.

Steve, I will see what I can get. My opening has several slots along the top and bottom where the aurbag normaly sits. I think once you undo the screws and disconnect the bag, there must be some clips that need to be pulled out.

All you need to do to aces it is push gently on the sides of the glove box. The box will drop down past the stop and you will see the airbag.

More to follow if I get more details.

Removing the air bag should be pretty straight forward.Disconnecting the battery is a good idea,but........These things supposedly also are triggered by a capacitor,Which disconnecting the battery will not deplete.Also been told that static electricity can set them off upon removal.With that being said,I have removed many air bags with no problem,Just stay to the side :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived