TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pin Plates

MAP

I found a cure for my cheap paper thin hood pin plates. Tony Branda sells 65-67 Shelby hood pin kits, you can buy just the plates, they fit the existing screw holes, they are more than twice as thick as the stock plates, and they are polished stainless steel. I have pulled the hood release once (so-far) and no bending has happened.

Thanks

M. Potter

I found a cure for my cheap paper thin hood pin plates. Tony Branda sells 65-67 Shelby hood pin kits, you can buy just the plates, they fit the existing screw holes, they are more than twice as thick as the stock plates, and they are polished stainless steel. I have pulled the hood release once (so-far) and no bending has happened.

Thanks

M. Potter

I use the same ones but I had to ream out the holes a little to fit my hood. I might buy another set for back-up but these will probably last a long time.

Thanks

M. Potter

They look like the same one's I got from Shelby, but I will order them, for $23.00 ;) not bad, thks

Thanks

M. Potter

URL? I looked on their site and can't find them... <_<

URL? I looked on their site and can't find them... <_<

Not much of a "URL"person, but I got the part # from the Branda Catalog. The part # is HPP1, it is the same for the 65, 66, and 67. the price is $23.95 reference page 15 of the 2007 catalog.

hope that helps.

Mark Potter

For the GTH and possible the early SGTs, I think the Branda set of hood pins is the same as SAI's production. Made by Scott Drake originally.

I haven't compared to the replacements SAI sells on their website, though . . . anyone had to do this?

Yes, these look to be the MUCH same as the SAI parts. Which by the way are the MUCH as the Ford Racing Hood Pins except they have a bottom plate:

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Racing-M16700A-...h/dp/B000CNNFSE

Archived