TEAM SHELBY FORUM

remote oil filter

69dejavue

We all know the oil filter is in a terrible location and leaks all over the rank and pinion when removing the filter. And continues to leak, drop by drop, forever. Has anyone tried the remote oil filter kit from Ford Racing to move the filter to a more convenient location?

We all know the oil filter is in a terrible location and leaks all over the rank and pinion when removing the filter. And continues to leak, drop by drop, forever. Has anyone tried the remote oil filter kit from Ford Racing to move the filter to a more convenient location?

i guess u could lay something over the rack and pinion assembly while u change the oil (a rubber flap of some kind or a makeshift funnel to rechannel the drippy oil around the rack and pinion) and then wipe off the excess oil around the new oil filter once installed. thats how i change oil filter on my harley anyway.

MAN U HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS :lol:

Well, it's a FORD. If it didn't leak oil it would be called.....

........A CHEVY! :lol::lol:

I think the relocator is a good idea. I prefer my filters vertical so you can fill them and don't have that dry start time.

i guess u could lay something over the rack and pinion assembly while u change the oil (a rubber flap of some kind or a makeshift funnel to rechannel the drippy oil around the rack and pinion) and then wipe off the excess oil around the new oil filter once installed. thats how i change oil filter on my harley anyway.

07-thanks for the oil removal information. Not seeing the filter issue-seems accessible and not much of a problem to avoid spillage. I have to dismantle air intake on my '05 F-150 and had an Explorer that was worse to access filter. I will shut up until I actually change the oil!

Archived