TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Sway Bar Bushings

Mustang Lover

Right after I purchased my new Shelby I noticed there was a sound coming from the rear end area when I would go over a road surface that had dips in it , it sounded like a bad lower control arm bushing. I looked underneath the car and down on the sway bar where the Billet arm comes down there is a poly bushing and it had a grease fitting . after looking at it a couple of minutes I could tell there was no grease on this at all so I whipped out the grease gun with some moly lube and greased her up . Man those suckers were dry , but after greasing them up she was nice an quiet . i just wanted to let you guys know in case you run in to the same problem .

Right after I purchased my new Shelby I noticed there was a sound coming from the rear end area when I would go over a road surface that had dips in it , it sounded like a bad lower control arm bushing. I looked underneath the car and down on the sway bar where the Billet arm comes down there is a poly bushing and it had a grease fitting . after looking at it a couple of minutes I could tell there was no grease on this at all so I whipped out the grease gun with some moly lube and greased her up . Man those suckers were dry , but after greasing them up she was nice an quiet . i just wanted to let you guys know in case you run in to the same problem .

Was there a churping/squeaking like sound?

My Wrench founf the same thing, and greased it up. But Stil have a rattle. passenger side exhaust been back at the deal 3 times no better.

On the pass. side ,there is a L shape bracket att. to the top part of the muffler, it slides into the bracket ,, mine was to long ;), it is rubbing the rear bumper ,have the dealer check this, they remove the muffler and cut about 1/2 in from the L bracket, that is it , CHECK BOTH SIDES

I checked the rear and front (2 on each side), 3 of them were bone dry...never had any grease ever applied.

I still have a "churping" noise sound, and I am not sure what it could be. There is a churping sound when I go over bumps, and is more prominent when the engine is at normal temp. It is quiet when cold. It sure sounds like it is coming from the suspension. I did fix the exhaust issues, and I don't see any of the exhaust system rubbing. Somebody mentioned that two muffler hangers on our call are inferior to MY 2005-06. It could be anything, but it's not bad enough to take a risk and have a dealer try to fix it, yet.

Archived