TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who creates those little moving smilies?

Who creates those things like this ---> :cheerleader: ?

I'm trying to think of some ones we'd use...so we can request them.

1) Something to stand for "disaster"....like a plane crash or a car running off a cliff or something.

2) Something to do with bugging or pestering...like a fly buzzing around

3) Something showing you're only kidding...like a ram :hysterical:

4) How about one of a tach with the needle sweeping to redline

5) And last, one to stand for those with less than average brain size...there seem to be a lot of them out there. :rant:

Dave

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put down the Bong - and back away from the Lava lamp. :hysterical:

weren't we children of the 60s?????

SEX, DRUGs and ROCK & ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

At least I can remember and see well enough to spell em right :hysterical:

Route 66 went thru the town I grew up in, so the "roll" part of "rock and roll" was spinning the tires as we hit the road. Longest burnout I had was 110 yards in a 69 442. What a beast. Almost as much torque as the shelby.

Some day I promise (or threaten) to tell the story/fable of why I still possess a bumper sticker saying

I'M A KINGSHIGHWAY BUM

and why the Rolla Chief of Police had to apologize to all of the bums (excuse me, car enthusiasts) on the front page of the local paper. :party:

darn, maybe I just took off on a tangent. What was this thread about again????????????? :wacko:

something about bongs?? :headscratch:

new thread on bums coming later tonight with scans and news articles.

I also stand corrected, apology was from the city attorney. Gawd, I just love small town intrigue.

John "the bum" Bosky (Ruf, the real last name is Niedbalski, maybe i should go back to it, changed in the 30s)

mostly I just go and find one on the internet. There are literally tens of thousands out there. At work I have access to paint shop pro, part of which is a piece of software for making animated gifs one frame at a time. You can then string them together and specify the speed of the frame changes. It is quite a bit of work. I actually did my signature in animation one time. but again, takes quite a bit of effort. And you need to be somewhat of an artist.

John

how can we use the smiles on other programs like yahoo messenger or something.

GOOD post Dave, i have been woundering this for a long time. if you go to www.stampedeusa.com they talk about it on there in the Clarksville Chapter too.

most email programs allow you to import images; so just go find the smiley you want on your hard drive and stick it in the email like you would any other graphic. You can probably do the same with instant messanger software; but since I don't use them someone else will have to say for sure. In case anyone doesn't know, you can right click on a smiley like any other graphic and save it to your hard drive. I have a subdirectory set up just for that silly kind of thing

most email programs allow you to import images; so just go find the smiley you want on your hard drive and stick it in the email like you would any other graphic. You can probably do the same with instant messanger software; but since I don't use them someone else will have to say for sure. In case anyone doesn't know, you can right click on a smiley like any other graphic and save it to your hard drive. I have a subdirectory set up just for that silly kind of thing

Thanks for the info KC. When you say you can save them to your hard drive...do you mean the "moving" ones also? I know how to save pics, but wasn't sure how to get them to move. When I right click on the ones here on the forum and say "Save target as", I get an error saying cannot download. If I right click, copy, then paste, I get just the pic.

Dave

Thanks for the info KC. When you say you can save them to your hard drive...do you mean the "moving" ones also? I know how to save pics, but wasn't sure how to get them to move. When I right click on the ones here on the forum and say "Save target as", I get an error saying cannot download. If I right click, copy, then paste, I get just the pic.

Dave

I use firefox as a browser. I then right click over the moving gif and use the "save image" function. I can even do it on the list of smileys off to the side of the post box

:hysterical::hysterical:

Now stop this shit.

I need to get some sleep tonight - you hear? :happy feet:

"Professor O?"

"Yes, Dave?"

"I'm sorry I'm late for class."

"Dave - you know I don't accept excuses for being late"

"I know..."

"What was it this time?"

"Well...um...ah...okay. I was on Stangsunleased.com talking about Mustangs."

"Take a seat. Was Dave/Terry keeping you up?"

"Yes, sir"

:hysterical::hysterical:

Now stop this shit.

You guys are hilarious. :hysterical:

I've heard the "Dave's not here" thing about a million times, but it's still funny. I like the part where he says "no...this is Dave...I got the stuff man". :hysterical:

Remember in the Cheech and Chong movie "Up in Smoke" where they are in their car, the cop walks up and asks for their license...and Cheech says "It's on the back of the car man". :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Dave

P.S. Take this thread off-topic as much as you want.

Wow you all must really get to Dave in the middle of the night, he actually let's you go off-topic. Am I allowed too? And AWATTERS...3:56a.m.!!! You got it bad man! You need your car!!! :shift:

In my own defense.. I am on the west coast, so it was only 12:56 am

:drop:

Archived