TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whipple sc strut brace and question

Hi well after reading some s/c threads the Whipple seems like more power and better engineering. Can you still run the strut brace? Does the "offical" shelby whipple come serialized and what are all your guys current thoughts bout the SAI whipple or DIY with a tuner? How squirilly does the car get with the added hp? I am serious about doing this and appreciate your input thanks!-RM

Hi well after reading some s/c threads the Whipple seems like more power and better engineering. Can you still run the strut brace? Does the "offical" shelby whipple come serialized and what are all your guys current thoughts bout the SAI whipple or DIY with a tuner? How squirilly does the car get with the added hp? I am serious about doing this and appreciate your input thanks!-RM

Unfortunately, there is no clearance for the strut brace when using the Whipple blower. The Paxton is mounted on the front of the engine, so there is no clearance problem. I have heard that there is a strut brace in development to use with the Whipple. Not sure how much longer before we see it though. At this time, the Whipple does not come serialized. That is something in the works. As for my thoughts on the 2 diferent set ups.........Now, this is just "MY" thoughts-----The Paxton---it will snap your neck on take off and then break it when it kicks in. The Whipple will just break your neck upon take off. :o Nuff said LOL How squirelly does it get? It depends on how much you MASH the pedal down. The car will do what you want it to do. Wanna drive and enjoy the car (like me), depress the pedal slowly. Want to drive like Montoya on race day? MASH that puppy to the floor!!!!!! :lol:

Bud

I have heard that there is a strut brace in development to use with the Whipple. Not sure how much longer before we see it though. At this time, the Whipple does not come serialized. That is something in the works. Bud

Bud,

Please keep us up to date with the developments of the 2 items listed above. Thanks...............and no more scheduling of vacation days............ :P :lol::lol:

Archived