TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/SC 2640 is home

86SVO

BZM, Congratulations to you!!!! Your car looks great. What s/c did you go with? Did you do a museum pick up? It's still early enough in fall that you can get out and drive. Have fun. B) Be careful with that power. LOL

Dave

AWESOME CAR,

NOW I CAN QUIT WONDERING ABOUT THE LOOK OF MY CAR WITH THE SHELBY GRILL I ALSO WENT WITH GUNMETAL RAZORS BUT DID SGT GRILL WITH LOWER GRILL WITH BRAKE DUCTS AND DRIVING LIGHTS.

TELL US MORE ABOUT # 2640

SHELBYGUY

BZM, Congratulations to you!!!! Your car looks great. What s/c did you go with? Did you do a museum pick up? It's still early enough in fall that you can get out and drive. Have fun. B) Be careful with that power. LOL

Dave

Thank you, I got the Paxton the rpm has to be up there but once is there you better know how to handle it... Yes, I did the museum pick up with my family and it was a blast. That Friday we were the show. It was/is an unforgettable moment and everyone at Shelby was great. We drove it back home about 600 miles and my two kids ( 18 and 22 yrs old) got to drive it until they were tire of it...But now they are criticizing me with their mother because I was telling them what gear to be on and when to switch lane, my wife at that time did not want to drive it but she is on the pink slip... Last week my wife and I we took it out and drove another 300 miles, you are correct better be carefull with that power... Bruno

Verrrrrrry nice! What color are the razor wheels? Silver or Anthracite? Thanks. Jim Clark

Thank you, I think they are Anthracite, they are the one that are closer to the silver stripes... Bruno

AWESOME CAR,

NOW I CAN QUIT WONDERING ABOUT THE LOOK OF MY CAR WITH THE SHELBY GRILL I ALSO WENT WITH GUNMETAL RAZORS BUT DID SGT GRILL WITH LOWER GRILL WITH BRAKE DUCTS AND DRIVING LIGHTS.

TELL US MORE ABOUT # 2640

SHELBYGUY

Thank you to everyone else on this forum making comments about my car.

When I first heard about Shelby coming out with a Shelby, at first I did not believe it but once the news was real I got on the list of many different dealers for the GT500 and on many I was the first one. But, as many of you know that changed and the first one became the ones that would pay tens of thousand more and not the ones that were on the list. As many of you, I have educated many dealers about the GT500 but it was in vane for me to get one or at least be close on getting one.

When the news about the SGT come out many dealers were and still are unaware of this car, so I got on the list of the SGT (I am talking about last summer). But this time around it was different. In my opinion two things worked for us. Many dealers do not know the potential of this car and most important many consumers do not know the potential of this car. But by driving the Shelby-GTH last summer for a day, I was hooked... So last September I was the first one on the list of a dealer that I was the first one for the GT500. However, when the time came to order the car, I was placed aside. I was very upset but then realized that if I wanted a car I needed to get on another list. I went to another dealer and in December I was able to order the car for $ 2,500 above sticker. Once the price was disclosed by Ford the dealer decided that wanted $5,000 not $2,500 above sticker price. Once I got the news I order another from another dealer and still negotiating with the $5,000 dealer (I was not sure if I was going to get one). As time was maturing and cars were selling the GT500 hype was not there and realized that I could get a SGT for sticker and that is what I offered to the $5,000 dealer. He came down to $4,000 but stopped there. In the mid time the new car that I had ordered from the other dealer got serialized, once it got serialized within a month or so I made a deal with the dealer and purchased the car the same day that left Ford, that was last March. I am not going to debate or say how much I paid but what I am going to say is this, I had a great deal well below sticker price.

Once at Shelby the other ordeal started. Every month since April I was getting ready to pick-up my car but it was in vane until September 21, actually September 23. Since the beginning I wanted the S/C, lower grill and lights and brake ducts. Since I have added the gauges, the engine dress up (dipstick, and various caps), and in the last week when it was in the Mod shop I added the front upper grill changed the lower grill from chrome to black, and added the wheels/tires. Now I am in the recouping mode but the wait was well worth it and my satisfaction is very high. Is it perfect with zero defects? no, but I am not even thinking about it or discussing what the problems are at this time. I just drive it and enjoy it when time comes then I might look into any visual or hearing problems but now I am going to enjoy my Shelby. By the way, some of you may ask was the wait worth it? YES.

One last story - coming back from Las Vegas on HYW 5 north and the odometer was over 500 miles, I was driving at approx. 80 mph when a 320 two door Marcedes showing up behing me from nowhere. It was tailgating me to move over. Picture yourself being pushed by another car and your car reads SHELBY behind it. Well for the next few miles we both were in an out traffic at about 100 mph in some how it managed to pass me, now I really got seriuos. Here is where I discovered what the third and fourth gears do and when the Paxton goes to work. With no time dropping it to third, I was right behing this car now I was tailgaiting as soon I go the chance I passed this Mercedes as it was still. I went on front of all traffic and waited for this car to come to my side, once on my side I looked inside and saw two people in it, a woman on the wheel and a guy looking at my car and laughing. We were traveling at approximate 90 mph, I stepped on the gas, the front end of the car lifted-up and the Shelby took off leaving the Mercedes standing still. By the time I was done with 4th the speedometer had passed the 140 mph, and the Mercedes was as small as a fly in my rear view mirrow that feeling, my friends, is what I been waiting for!!!

Enjoy your Shelby,

Bruno

By the way, some of you may ask was the wait worth it? YES.

I could not agree more.

One last story - coming back from Las Vegas on HYW 5 north and the odometer was over 500 miles, I was driving at approx. 80 mph when a 320 two door Marcedes showing up behing me from nowhere. It was tailgating me to move over. Picture yourself being pushed by another car and your car reads SHELBY behind it. Well for the next few miles we both were in an out traffic at about 100 mph in some how it managed to pass me, now I really got seriuos. Here is where I discovered what the third and fourth gears do and when the Paxton goes to work. With no time dropping it to third, I was right behing this car now I was tailgaiting as soon I go the chance I passed this Mercedes as it was still. I went on front of all traffic and waited for this car to come to my side, once on my side I looked inside and saw two people in it, a woman on the wheel and a guy looking at my car and laughing. We were traveling at approximate 90 mph, I stepped on the gas, the front end of the car lifted-up and the Shelby took off leaving the Mercedes standing still. By the time I was done with 4th the speedometer had passed the 140 mph, and the Mercedes was as small as a fly in my rear view mirrow that feeling, my friends, is what I been waiting for!!!

Enjoy your Shelby,

Bruno

Two things: 1. You are the type that makes me proud to own a Shelby

2. Was your family asleep at 140+ or cheering you on?

North on 5 600 miles from Las Vegas where do you live? I live in Santa Cruz

Two things: 1. You are the type that makes me proud to own a Shelby

2. Was your family asleep at 140+ or cheering you on?

North on 5 600 miles from Las Vegas where do you live? I live in Santa Cruz

No, they were driving the Yukon loaded with my Shelby parts... only my son was with me whom was awaking by the roar of the Shelby. I live approx 100 miles North East from you, Tracy. By the way, I was on 17 last weekend...

Wow, that must be the same Bruno I met at SAI on June 15th during my museum pickup? I thought your car was not too far behind mine. I guess that's what adding a SC will do to the schedule. The car looks great and I love your Mercedes story.....I'm sure it's just the first of many stories to come. But do stay safe out there. Many congrats and enjoy.

Archived