TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake duct kit?

Strawman

What is the real advantage of adding the brake duct kit? I assume it's to cool the brakes, but for what application is that beneficial? I'm adding the big brake kit, I don't intend to race my SGT on a road course type track, pretty much just city and highway terrorization. Do I want or need it? My beef is that I dislike that crappy flex duct that is used. All the A/C ducts on my boat are run with that and I don't care for it, I don't think I want it run all under my SGT.

What is the real advantage of adding the brake duct kit? I assume it's to cool the brakes, but for what application is that beneficial? I'm adding the big brake kit, I don't intend to race my SGT on a road course type track, pretty much just city and highway terrorization. Do I want or need it? My beef is that I dislike that crappy flex duct that is used. All the A/C ducts on my boat are run with that and I don't care for it, I don't think I want it run all under my SGT.

No real need at all for your daily application. Primary function is as you mentioned, to cool the brakes under extreme condtions. Additional cost of about $500. There is no hose utilized in the rear cooling application but there is really no way to eliminate the flex hose to the front calipers.

Archived