TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford sales drop 21 percent

blueshawk

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/02/news/compa...dex.htm?cnn=yes

This isn't going to help with our warranty claims like hood scoops, etc.

Dealers will be fighting us tooth and nail.

I've already had my dealer tell me that I get only one replacement hood scoop and it doesn't matter if the new one has warped again. So when I go for my "rivet" or "whatever" fix, I'm stuck with my second/warped hood scoop. I can live with that as long as the "fix" makes it fit better. But it appears financial failure it is a sign for future problems getting our warranties honored.

I've already had my dealer tell me that I get only one replacement hood scoop and it doesn't matter if the new one has warped again. So when I go for my "rivet" or "whatever" fix, I'm stuck with my second/warped hood scoop. I can live with that as long as the "fix" makes it fit better. But it appears financial failure it is a sign for future problems getting our warranties honored.

go to another dealer, mine is already ordering under warranty my 3rd! including the original

we had a really good month. i just dont understand, we have a good month and sales across the country drop? well who knows, not me. i think automaker proably dropped, of course i have looked that up.

michael morris

I THINK THAT'S EASY TO FIGURE BASED ON WHAT I SEE HERE YOU ARE NOT THE TYPICAL FORD DEALER MAYBE SOME TRAINING IS NEEDED NATIONWIDE

TRY THIS: DEALER=SMART, FAIR, TRUTHFUL, I NEED TO STOP OR I WILL START TO LAUGH :lol::lol::lol:

It's not the dealers that will be fighting you! They make $$$$ on the warranty repairs. Ford Racing etc., will be the ones fighting you.

we had a really good month. i just dont understand, we have a good month and sales across the country drop? well who knows, not me. i think automaker proably dropped, of course i have looked that up.

michael morris

If you can't sell an F-150/250 in GA (or AL, MS, SC, NC, etc.), you aren't breathing. :lol:

I have owned a lot of Mustangs, and currently also have a 2004 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4, and these two lines have been Ford's bread-and-butter since the Taurus fell from grace. Honda and Toyota are killing the U.S. automakers in the compact and mid-sized sedan segment, which is a shame b/c the Fusion is a darn decent sedan. Plus, Ford and GM have completely given up on trying to push minivans (you can't even buy one from them anymore if you wanted to...). Finally, they have completely abandonned their Mercury line, and Lincoln hasn't produced a desirable automobile in the last 5 years.

No one listens to me, ever, but here's my $0.02: Dance with the one who brung 'ya! Let the Japanese sell mid-sized and compact front-wheel-drive sedans all they want. Build a full-sized sedan, give it some serious styling attitude, put a big V8 in it, and for heaven's sake, make it rear wheel drive.

I seriously considered a Charger SRT8 before I went the Shelby route. Same performance, same attitude, and what they lack in heritage (sorry, Mopar guys, but a 4-door "Charger" has no heritage) they make up for in practicality. Chrysler is selling the heck out of the 300s, and Pontiac is about to release a V8 (6.0L, I think?) rear wheel drive G8.

What happened to the gorgeous 427 concept car? Had it made it to production and rolled out as a 2006 or 2007 model, it would have killed.

I know, I know. Save the environment and all that. Whatever. All the advancements in technology have gone to increase power rather than improve fuel efficiency, and do you know why? Because we live in America and we like our big, fast, powerful cars. Sure, we'll whine when gas hits $3.00 a gallon, but we still smirk when we see someone pay too much for a Prius and then act as if they just got knighted.

Prediction time: Ford will continue to sell F-series trucks, as will GM and Dodge, but they will lose market share to Toyota and Nissan (and even Honda if they ever make a real truck...), because Betty will like her Camry so much that Bob will eventually give it a try. The upcoming Camaro and Challenger will eat into the Mustang's sales, and a cash-strapped Ford will sell off its non-U.S. brands and quit making Mercurys. This all happens just as the retired unionized baby-boomers start cashing in on their retirement accounts, and those few Ford loyalists left will have more to worry about than just bubbles under vinly stripes, warped hood scoops, and rattling exhausts...

...or then we won't because we'll be driving Accords.

D@mn, that was a long post; sorry. I guess that it just hit a nerve or something.

And Michael, I truly hope that you sell a million more Fords before you retire to a nice mansion at the beach at age 55, because it will mean that Ford finally figured out their target market and made something that made them proud to buy American (other than pickup trucks and ponycars, of course...).

The dealer is WRONG , I'am on my second scoop , My Dealer has been nothing but the best ,taking care of this car, ,,They call Shelby ,,, take pictures, the work is done !! after all is said and done, If I ever buy another car it will still be a FORD !!!

Mark my words. After the UAW pact with GM Ford will follow their play and Ford stock will hit 30+ by the end of 09. Mark my words-

I agree with you except the $30 a share part. I havent had time to read the final version of the UAW/GM agreement but all I read prior to an agreement was that this will end up being a good thing for the big 3. They need to get the retirees off the balance sheet. No offense to those of you who may be Ford or retired Ford or big 3 employees but the deals of the past are killing the big 3. The alternative to cutting a reasonale deal is "would you like any donuts, muffins, or bagels" as you wait on people in the drive through line.

Archived