TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Clock Is Running Down

clink_merged

Friday 10 AM is getting closer!!!!!! :blink:

CLINK :)

Many of us know the feeling clink. Congrats and good luck. You're part of a select few that got the museum tour. Enjoy. Friday will be like your wedding day. You won't remember all but will try your best to greet everyone. Try to get someone to film the special parts like when you see your car for the first time, when you drive it away, the museum tour and when you first drive up to the building.

I did some of this for socal as coincidentially I was there when he took delivery and was fortunate enough that he allowed me to join in his experience. I filmed the museum tour (although not a professional job - sorry) and filmed him when he first saw his car. It was a great experience for me too. (See my picasa site below for the May 18/19 pics).

Anyway, you might as well get liquored up Thursday night and gamble some as you won't sleep anyway. Then, be sure to spend some money at the museum gift shop. They have clothes and other things you can't find anywhere else. Plan to buy extras like shirts. When you buy the SGT t-shirts, get at least one size larger than usual.

Last week, I purchased the new SGT 1/18 and 1/64 scale models. I wished I bought another set to put on my desk at work as this set goes with the car at the shows. My son loves to put them with the trophies during the week which we keep in his room.

Anyway, have a blast and be sure to send pics. If you don't get the museum tour filmed, PM me your contact info and I'll send you a CD of socal's and my tour from May.

One other small tip - make sure you don't go too fast over the speedbumps in the SAI lot. I hit them at about 40 with the Herts in May - fortunately no damage.

Many of us know the feeling clink. Congrats and good luck. You're part of a select few that got the museum tour. Enjoy. Friday will be like your wedding day. You won't remember all but will try your best to greet everyone. Try to get someone to film the special parts like when you see your car for the first time, when you drive it away, the museum tour and when you first drive up to the building.

I did some of this for socal as coincidentially I was there when he took delivery and was fortunate enough that he allowed me to join in his experience. I filmed the museum tour (although not a professional job - sorry) and filmed him when he first saw his car. It was a great experience for me too. (See my picasa site below for the May 18/19 pics).

Anyway, you might as well get liquored up Thursday night and gamble some as you won't sleep anyway. Then, be sure to spend some money at the museum gift shop. They have clothes and other things you can't find anywhere else. Plan to buy extras like shirts. When you buy the SGT t-shirts, get at least one size larger than usual.

Last week, I purchased the new SGT 1/18 and 1/64 scale models. I wished I bought another set to put on my desk at work as this set goes with the car at the shows. The my son loves to put them with the trophies during the week which we keep in his room.

Anyway, have a blast and be sure to send pics. If you don't get the museum tour filmed, PM me your contact info and I'll send you a CD of socal's and my tour from May.

One other small tip - make sure you don't go too fast over the speedbumps in the SAI lot. I hit them at about 40 with the Herts in may - fortunately no damage.

Good to hear from you AODWYER,

Thanks for the tips, Lots of great advise. We are Driving in Friday Morning. Then trailering her out when the tour is over.

Thanks again

Clink

Archived