TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCT X-Cal 2 question

SGT#507

I am wanting to order the SCT X-Cal 2 tuner with the Shelby GT tune from Brenspeed. My brother has a 2005 SuperDuty Truck that he also wants to get a custom tune for as well. I was hoping to be able to lower the cost by buying both tunes from Brenspeed and having them send it to me on one device.

Anyone know if this is possible? I just got off the phone with Brenspeed and the guy I talked to said I would need separate tuners for each vehicle--but that doesn't make sense to me.

I don't have any experience with an SCT Tuner, can anyone who has one help me out? Thanks.

I am wanting to order the SCT X-Cal 2 tuner with the Shelby GT tune from Brenspeed. My brother has a 2005 SuperDuty Truck that he also wants to get a custom tune for as well. I was hoping to be able to lower the cost by buying both tunes from Brenspeed and having them send it to me on one device.

Anyone know if this is possible? I just got off the phone with Brenspeed and the guy I talked to said I would need separate tuners for each vehicle--but that doesn't make sense to me.

I don't have any experience with an SCT Tuner, can anyone who has one help me out? Thanks.

You can only use it on one car. That is to prevent people from tuning everybody else's car. Once you give the info to Brent including you cars puter code, The first time you use the SCT it will be locked to your vehicle. You can not use it on another vehicle until you unlock it from your car and have them send you new tunes for the other vehicle. This is to prevent , lets say, a groupe of guys with mustangs from tuning everybodys car for the price of one. :)

That makes sense. I have called and ordered it. I have scheduled time at a local Dyno for Friday AM. If it arrives in time, I will do a baseline (bone stock) dyno run and then one with the new tune.

Love to see what the "actual " hp is when the new tune is installed. I know one thing, the Shelby GT responds much better than with the SAI tune. The car just drives smoother, no lag at all.

Archived