TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pick my wheels

Strawman

Scenario: 2008 SGT vert, vista blue. Baer big brakes. Wheels must be Shelby and installed by SAI. Price is no object. Which wheels, including size, do you choose, and what tire size?

20" chrome would be my first choice or silver. Blue was the color my wife wanted.post-2890-1146882736_thumb.jpg

Dave

Scenario: 2008 SGT vert, vista blue. Baer big brakes. Wheels must be Shelby and installed by SAI. Price is no object. Which wheels, including size, do you choose, and what tire size?

if price is no object to you, buy the gt40s. i know i would if price was no object, i just have to get over the cost of the car first.

I know that the chrome razors are flashy, and the silver razors look nice, but IMO the gunmental gray best match the rocker panel stripe. But then again, the black razors do look really nice with the polished rims.

Personally, I like the cs56 wheels best, but they are only offered in 18x9.5, and I had only considered these b/c the black ones go well with my car.

1st choice - 20 "silver gt 40

2nd choice - 20" silver razor

Don't like chrome as it looks more luxury than sport. And I think the silver wheels match the silver stripes. Aren't the gunmetal wheels darker?

am I correct that the Razors come no wider than 9" in a 20" diameter? I assume that wheel won't accomodate the 275 width tire I'd like to run in the rear?

You are correct on the Razor width. Don't know about the tire size though.

Archived