TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Add Heated Seats?

jaydub Mach1

Hi,

I am wondering if the Ford dealer can add heated seats to an SGT that came without them. I mean with the full factory set-up, just as if it came with them.

Does anybody know? I was quoted a figure of $1k at my local dealer. But, like I said, it was my local dealer.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am wondering if the Ford dealer can add heated seats to an SGT that came without them. I mean with the full factory set-up, just as if it came with them.

Does anybody know? I was quoted a figure of $1k at my local dealer. But, like I said, it was my local dealer.

Thanks,

I would think the wiring harness would be there so it should be just a matter of buying the heated seats and installing them. Or you may be able to buy the heating elements and have them installed in your current seats. I have no idea what the cost of such a project would be though.

Hi,

Thanks,

He may be right if the seats need to be replaced as well. You might have better luck keeping in contact with local junk yards and see if a totaled GT with black leather heated seats come in. I wouldn't think this was something you could just shove into the seat but would be woven into the padding etc.

I'd rather have cooled seats since mine will be in the garage when it's cold enough to need heat!!! :D

I think Matt's right though, I believe the heating element is woven into the padding between the seat cover and the foam

You might wish to try the Ford Take Off Parts site. They take parts off of new Fords and then sell them. YOu may be able to find heated seats.

Archived