TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharged GT-Hs

ShelbyPilot

• 6 months later...
At a car show on Sunday I was asked by a GT-H owner if I knew if there were any owners supercharging their GT-H's. I did not know.

Well, are there? Is anybody going to send there GT-H to SAI for the upgrade?

GT-H #467 IS PAXTON 2200 H.O. SUPERCHARGED...493 HP.

Have a new GT-H vert, considering S/C and looking for anyone with Paxton or Whipple who will contribute to a good cause and let me and the rest of us know what your personal experience is with these beasts. Did you call your chiropracter after your first drive? Seems like 10" wheels out back would be a good investment!

the 400hp whipple kit is perfect with the auto trans.lots of wheel spin at a standing start.I am still getting 20mpg AVG.plus if you have a certified FRPP center install it your extended warranty remains intact.the only down side to the whipple is that the shock tower brace is eliminated.the whipple gives you the best performance for a street driven vehicle period.I dont think the paxton would be all that great with a AUTO unless you changed the rear end gears to 373 or 410.manual trans would be great with the paxton because you could easily keep it in the 2-3k RPM range that it likes.you can easily upgrade the whipple after your warranty runs out with the intercooler and a pully change.that would put you at 500 rwhp.the standard whipple will put out 400 to 415 rwhp.I believe the paxton is putting out 475 rwhp with the shelby tune.good luck with your charger :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
the 400hp whipple kit is perfect with the auto trans.lots of wheel spin at a standing start.I am still getting 20mpg AVG.plus if you have a certified FRPP center install it your extended warranty remains intact.the only down side to the whipple is that the shock tower brace is eliminated.the whipple gives you the best performance for a street driven vehicle period.I dont think the paxton would be all that great with a AUTO unless you changed the rear end gears to 373 or 410.manual trans would be great with the paxton because you could easily keep it in the 2-3k RPM range that it likes.you can easily upgrade the whipple after your warranty runs out with the intercooler and a pully change.that would put you at 500 rwhp.the standard whipple will put out 400 to 415 rwhp.I believe the paxton is putting out 475 rwhp with the shelby tune.good luck with your charger :happy feet:

Thanks for that. I've heard from a few sources the Whipple is the better choice for the GT-H and I've heard the car can handle up to 500HP but not sure about that number. Everyone has there opinion. I want to put a 5 speed in but not ready yet. How would 295/45/18 rear tires (10"wide) effect the performance with 355, 373 or 410 rear end gears?

• 5 months later...

Thinking of iether new tune, or a SC.

Please post pictures and who did install. I know the twin screw will work great with the auto. How does the Paxton work for the folks that have them? Like the idea of the heritige.

Did you install dash pod and gauges?

I have been told that the FRPP v-6 strut brace would work with the whipple. (part # p/n m-20201-F) Could be powder coated black

Can anyone confirm that it would work with our hoods?

Thanks

I have the Novi 2200 Paxton on my GTHmaking 500 rwhp, also put a 3700 RPM stall converter which helped alot. Street tires will not hold, Will be putting Nitto drag radials on rear.

I had the install did at a local mod shop, very neat job.

DSC01462.jpg

Looks nice. Can you get better shot of the engine bay?

I have the Novi 2200 Paxton on my GTHmaking 500 rwhp, also put a 3700 RPM stall converter which helped alot. Street tires will not hold, Will be putting Nitto drag radials on rear.

I had the install did at a local mod shop, very neat job.

DSC01462.jpg

if I am not mistaking, this is the same car I got to see at car show this past weekend and it is a great set up on this car. Looked great with lots of power! Craig

Steve, thank you for posting. Can I ask why you went with the Novi 2200 vs the Paxton SAI installs? What is the difference?

How does this work with the auto? Any significant lag etc? Drivability good etc.

Very nice looking. I do like the black joint couplings vs the blue that I have see. The gauges are nice also. Not sure if I will add a dash pod if I do this mod.

You are correct. SAI uses the Novi 1200. Rated at 460 I think. Would a stall converter be required with the smaller one? Another question, is the 2200 self lubricated or did you have to tap into the oil pan? Did Ford or a speed shop due the install?

Thanks for accomadating all my questions.

• 4 weeks later...
Speed shop did the install and yes it is self lubricating

MAYBE I'M WRONG....BUT I DON'T THINK SO, THE 2200 IS NOT SELF LUBRICATING, IT FEEDS OFF THE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH AND DRAINS INTO THE OIL PAN. I INSTALLED MY OWN AND THAT'S HOW IT WORKS...IF ANYTHING CHANGED OR IF YOU ORDERED A SELF LUBRICATING MODEL THEN SO BE IT.

Archived