TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT w/ Huge ADM

07SamanthaGT

Hey all. I am not trying to bash the Shelby GT. I love the looks of it. I was at a dealer in the Mission Valley area the other day and they have a white one. I looked at the sticker and it was 60,000!!! Yes that is right 60K. No it was not a GT500 I do know the difference. I was stunned. The guy talking to me, told me that it was that much because of the Magnaflow exhaust (because FORD doesn't make one nice enough), Shelby Suspension, and the engine upgrades. I was again stunned. I then told him what I knew about it. He looked at me weird when I started telling him the prices of the FRPP Power packs that were installed. He eventually told me that the dealer will be going out of business soon........Wonder Why! and that I might be able to make an offer for it and they would probably take the offer. So if anyone on here wants to maybe get a deal on a White SGT in San Diego there is one in Mission Valley for sale.

Gib

Hey all. I am not trying to bash the Shelby GT. I love the looks of it. I was at a dealer in the Mission Valley area the other day and they have a white one. I looked at the sticker and it was 60,000!!! Yes that is right 60K. No it was not a GT500 I do know the difference. I was stunned. The guy talking to me, told me that it was that much because of the Magnaflow exhaust (because FORD doesn't make one nice enough), Shelby Suspension, and the engine upgrades. I was again stunned. I then told him what I knew about it. He looked at me weird when I started telling him the prices of the FRPP Power packs that were installed. He eventually told me that the dealer will be going out of business soon........Wonder Why! and that I might be able to make an offer for it and they would probably take the offer. So if anyone on here wants to maybe get a deal on a White SGT in San Diego there is one in Mission Valley for sale.

Gib

oooh! magnaflow... oooh! high flow air filter and performance chip... oooh! racing suspension

ooooh! thats $25,000 worth of upgrades <_< uhuh

oooh! magnaflow... oooh! high flow air filter and performance chip... oooh! racing suspension

ooooh! thats $25,000 worth of upgrades <_< uhuh

Unfortunately I think I have this moron is only in 2nd place. San Tan Ford in Phoenix AZ had a Black SGT on the showroom floor. The MSRP was over 42 AND THEY WANTED 18K DEALER MARKUP. So they were asking in excess of 60 K and were serious. This is not a dealership going out of business it is less than a year old.

Bell Ford in Phoenix AZ makes them look sane by only asking 10-12 K over MSRP. Neither was willing to deal in any way even when presented with prices from other dealerships. So I bought mine in Florida and will drive it to AZ. And still a lot less than San Tan or Bell Ford in Phoenix!

When I bought mine they were asking just above 52k. They wanted 18k for the shelby upgrade. All I had to do was tell them I knew what the invoice price was on the GT and how much the Shelby package actually was and they came down pretty quick. Didnt take too much bargaining and I left with what I think was a pretty decent deal considering the options. They came down about 14k from the original asking price.

Im just wondering if these dealers are counting on a customer who is looking for a GT500 and not understanding the differences between the Shelby GT and the GT500. Someone who is well off financially and buys at a moments notice and thinks hes getting a GT500 for a good price. Most people that approach me at gas stations and look at my car think I have a GT500. I then have to explain the difference. These people might be the ones the dealers are targeting.

Just my thought.

A local Ford dealer in Southeast WI sold their SGT at $20K over about 7 weeks ago. They thought nothing of it!

In April Gordie Boucher Ford In Janesville Wi had a black SGT that they were unwilling to move off of the $15,000 ADM and a Red and White GT500 right next to it for $20,000 over-I haven't been past in a few weeks, but last I knew, the SGT was still there. My theory is they sell more of their extensive Roush inventory that way, then they'll come down on the Shelby, however, the ADM's in Southern WI have run pretty high on anything Shelby since their release, so I could be wrong. My understanding is that they've been consistently over $60k on all the GT500's they have sold

The moron dealers are only helped by the moron consumers. I spent some time with our Mr. Pottydr at a show on Saturday. He came a cross a new Shelby GT owner in the Central CA area that paid a whopping ADM. I believe it was around $60K total (Pottydr, is that correct), msrp + ADM. When talking to her, he said he had a Shelby GT also. She responded, "no you don't, you must have a GT500, the salesman said this was the only Shelby GT in California."

The moron dealers are only helped by the moron consumers. I spent some time with our Mr. Pottydr at a show on Saturday. He came a cross a new Shelby GT owner in the Central CA area that paid a whopping ADM. I believe it was around $60K total (Pottydr, is that correct), msrp + ADM. When talking to her, he said he had a Shelby GT also. She responded, "no you don't, you must have a GT500, the salesman said this was the only Shelby GT in California."

Sad but true, it comes from lack of information. I ask her if they had a computer and she said no and the dealer was in a small town north of me and the salesman would tell them anything to sell it. They did no research on it and they payed the price. I also hear they sold there black one also and I will keep my eye out for it and talk to them also, In her defence it was the only SGT that I have seen with a BUMPER STICKER on it, I think it was one of those school decals that said " My kid is smarter than his parents"

p.s. Chris next time bring a ice chest and some cash to buy your new friends lunch or something

yea the dealership in Fort Smith, AR had a black GT500 convertable priced at about 65,000. i originally wanted the GT500 untill they told me what the mark up was and i almost sh!t my pants. i later started calling other dealerships and they had about the same mark up so the GT500 was out the picture.

then they told me they had a Shelby GT for $44k and i was like....hmmm...but i kinda shined it on like i really didnt want it and told them i wanted to keep lookin elsewhere. i really liked the looks of the shelby better than the GT500 but i wanted a supercharger.

they convinced me to take it for a drive. and after i drove it i made the decision to buy it, but i still acted like "whatever" and then they started goin down on the price so i was like....mmm <_<

the salesrep didnt know a whole lot about all the changes shelby made to them and she had a sales consultant talkin to me too. and anyway i think when the consultant realized i live in town he really started droppin down on the price because he wanted to keep the car local so he can luer more customers ...first he calculated how much sales tax would be so he knocked off for that and etc. etc. this, and that... eventually he got down below 39k. they split the commission. took 2 people to sell me the car lol.

anyway i got with the paperwork guy and i got free oil change for 2 years, and when i told him i had maintenance trouble with another ford i used to have, instead of getting the standard $100 deductable on maintenance plan he gave me the dissapearing deductable maintenance plan :D which i hope is a good thing and HOPE i NEVER have to use it..........for a long time.

i guess i got a decent deal on the car. i love the car...even though no supercharger...but i can always put one on. :D for another 5k <_< :P

Archived