TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Had my SGT/SC tuned and dyno'd by Brett at Brenspeed

greengiant

All I can say is WOW.

What an incredible difference. I have a SGT/SC from the factory at Shelby.

It was 90+ degrees yesterday which obviously brought numbers down a bit but here are the basics.

First Dyno pull - 410hp at the rear wheels, 2nd pull a few minutes later was 390 at the rears. So, that 460 est from Shelby is pretty accurate at the crank.

They did a custom tune, and I asked them to still be fairly conservative as I don't race, just wanted it tweaked.

The original tune (91 octane) runs pretty rich on the top end.

With the new tune, we pulled a 437 at the rear wheels, now keep in mind it was 95 degrees and this was the 7th pull of the day. In optimal conditions I would think 450 at the rears is real possible.

The big difference now is how much better it drives. Much more responsive (I mean seriously more responsive) and the car feels more lively for sure. VERY well spent money.

I also did drilled rotors and a pad upgrade, which so far feels much better.

Finally, I had the rear control arms replaced. Wheel hop is gone now, and the car launches much better.

I almost didn't do all of the work because it was pricey. NO doubt in my mind it was all well worth it.

Additionally Brent (sorry misspelled in my title), Dave, and Seth at Brenspeed do an outstanding job, are experienced and were great to work with. If you are in the Midwest, it's well worth the trip.

All I can say is WOW.

What an incredible difference. I have a SGT/SC from the factory at Shelby.

It was 90+ degrees yesterday which obviously brought numbers down a bit but here are the basics.

First Dyno pull - 410hp at the rear wheels, 2nd pull a few minutes later was 390 at the rears. So, that 460 est from Shelby is pretty accurate at the crank.

They did a custom tune, and I asked them to still be fairly conservative as I don't race, just wanted it tweaked.

The original tune (91 octane) runs pretty rich on the top end.

With the new tune, we pulled a 437 at the rear wheels, now keep in mind it was 95 degrees and this was the 7th pull of the day. In optimal conditions I would think 450 at the rears is real possible.

The big difference now is how much better it drives. Much more responsive (I mean seriously more responsive) and the car feels more lively for sure. VERY well spent money.

I also did drilled rotors and a pad upgrade, which so far feels much better.

Finally, I had the rear control arms replaced. Wheel hop is gone now, and the car launches much better.

I almost didn't do all of the work because it was pricey. NO doubt in my mind it was all well worth it.

Additionally Brent (sorry misspelled in my title), Dave, and Seth at Brenspeed do an outstanding job, are experienced and were great to work with. If you are in the Midwest, it's well worth the trip.

Greengiant,

thanks for the good report...I am in Illinois and have talked with the folks at Brenspeed....they do seem quite capable. It sound like you got real positive results from the visit. Do you have any other mods to power train ( headers, exhaust,drive shaft ? what kind of rw torque change did you see ?

also, what area of the mid west are you in ?? Matt and MrHugger are plottin up a "Car-b-Que" for next saturday if you are close

thanks

bob

Greengiant,

thanks for the good report...I am in Illinois and have talked with the folks at Brenspeed....they do seem quite capable. It sound like you got real positive results from the visit. Do you have any other mods to power train ( headers, exhaust,drive shaft ? what kind of rw torque change did you see ?

also, what area of the mid west are you in ?? Matt and MrHugger are plottin up a "Car-b-Que" for next saturday if you are close

thanks

bob

No, it's a Shelby GT, but obviously with the Shelby Paxton Supercharger package. No other mods, and I have no other plans. I want it to be as stock as possible.

I did have to buy a SCT tuner and then the custom Tune time. Your mileage and costs may vary a bit. I did the custom tune as this was the first SGT with factory SC they tuned.

It ran me around 650 bucks with the new tuner (predator included with paxton doesn't work with his tunes).

I also really rec the control arms (went with the blue stedas at 200 bucks) and so far I like the brake package though it feels much different.

I'm in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Excellent post! I too had Brent from Brenspeed specifically design my tune on a NON-SC, SGT and the car was totally different in responsiveness and just the out and out driving experience was much better than the stock SAI tune. They are excewllent to work with and I reccomend anyone who wants a more responsive SGT to buy their specific SGT tune, you'll never regret it.

Good Job and your car sounds great! :)

Excellent post! I too had Brent from Brenspeed specifically design my tune on a NON-SC, SGT and the car was totally different in responsiveness and just the out and out driving experience was much better than the stock SAI tune. They are excewllent to work with and I reccomend anyone who wants a more responsive SGT to buy their specific SGT tune, you'll never regret it.

Good Job and your car sounds great! :)

Same here I used Brenspeed after I put MSD Coils, and Aluminum Drive Shaft in my whit SGT , and it was the perfect wat too get the most out of the mods. I never had it dyno'd but I must agree the drivability is much improved ...................................Oh ya , and did I say I got my car repaired at Hillbank Motors in Irvine Ca. they are the Superformance dealer in SoCal , and Jason Cenora did a great job in getting the parts though it took some time for the grille from Shelby .................My car looks whole again , and with the 14 " brakes , and 20" Razors it handles flat and the ride is not as bad as I would have thought. An it looks oh so good..................................ZDS

ilmor,

i am supposed to get my tuner and tunes from brenspeed on monday. $376 for x-cal 2 tuner and 3 tunes. brent is not going to send me a blank tuner like he did to swede (if i remember right, correct me if i'm wrong) and then e-mail the tunes. my tuner will already have the tunes programed. told me they had done enough of the sgt's that he no longer needed the car's strategy before writing the tunes. i also ordered and added the steeda smooth air tube from brenspeed, got it last week and put it on. it doesn't "wake the car up" but i think there is a noticable difference with just the elbow, seems a little more responsive than before.

Are you tellin me that all one has to do is send brenspeed 376 bucks for the upgraded tune? Then all you have to do is plug it in to your car? Let me know how it works for you. I have not really condidered dyno tune but if this way will work then I might go this route. Thanks for the info. Jonathan

ilmor,

i am supposed to get my tuner and tunes from brenspeed on monday. $376 for x-cal 2 tuner and 3 tunes. brent is not going to send me a blank tuner like he did to swede (if i remember right, correct me if i'm wrong) and then e-mail the tunes. my tuner will already have the tunes programed. told me they had done enough of the sgt's that he no longer needed the car's strategy before writing the tunes. i also ordered and added the steeda smooth air tube from brenspeed, got it last week and put it on. it doesn't "wake the car up" but i think there is a noticable difference with just the elbow, seems a little more responsive than before.

Mine DYNOed at 458rwhp. They DYNO boys said that they could have gotten it to 470, but they wanted to play it safe.

Yup sounds right to me. Brent felt that with an aggressive tune and optimal conditions 460ish with the paxton would be possible, with an 8psi boost. So, with a whipple, and depending on the boost. No problem.

I'd really recommend the rear control arms. 205 bucks and really keeps the rear end down.

Are you tellin me that all one has to do is send brenspeed 376 bucks for the upgraded tune? Then all you have to do is plug it in to your car? Let me know how it works for you. I have not really condidered dyno tune but if this way will work then I might go this route. Thanks for the info. Jonathan

Jonathan,

You should be able to find a local tuner with a dyno and have about the same results with Diablo that came with your supercharger. My car pulled 441 RWHP & 399 Tq.

Jonathan,

You should be able to find a local tuner with a dyno and have about the same results with Diablo that came with your supercharger. My car pulled 441 RWHP & 399 Tq.

thanks for the info. Its not really hight on the liost but I may next year,

Archived