TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Look what I pulled out of the barn.

07shelbygt109

This was my first car, my father bought it for me in 1989. I drove it until I blew a head gasket in 92 and I put it in the barn. A friend of mine who was taking mechanic classes asked if he could do a complete engine rebuild for his class project. I agreed and decided to do a little body work while he had the engine. Needless to say, nothing got done. He dropped out of school, I got a girlfriend and a new car, and the Mustang got pushed to the back of the barn. I kept thinking I would drag it out and start working on it but different projects came and went and I never got around to it. I kept telling myself that it was sitting on concrete and wasn't going anywhere. Plus I had no desire to sell it so I kept working on things to make a little money and it just kept sitting there.

Now, 15 years later I decide to get it out. I don't know what compelled me, but I hooked chains to it today and pulled it into the shop. She's not as rough as I thought she would be but I think it will take some time to get her back on the road again.

I guess better late than never.

http://a98.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images...7ec666187f9.jpg

http://a601.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...b6541218b70.jpg

You need to hotlink direct to the pics. Your links are coming up that a person must have a myspace account and then when logged in, you will need to add them as a friend before you can view the pICS.

To hotlink, open your pic and right click on the pic. Copy the URL address where the pic is located and either paste the address itself in your post which will (should) make a hyperlink or click on the little tree in your post and hotlink directly to your hosted image.

It's amazing what can be found in old barns. Mine doesn't have anything but a bunch of crap. Maybe if I cleaned it out I could find something like that! :D

Well, I knew the Mustang was there but I did find quite a few things that I thought had been gone for years. My Dad had quite a collection of old farm implements that I thought he had gotten rid of before he died but they were buried behind the car. It really is amazing what can be hiding right in front of you.

I do not have a barn...but, I did leave a wrecked Lotus in a barn in Maryland about 20 years ago...I wonder where that is now...

i own a storage facility ...you wouldnt beleive what i find there when the people stiff me on rent ...i just cut the lock after all the legal stuf and its Christmas in july.. like a 69 rodrunner for free ... oh not free $330

i own a storage facility ...you wouldnt beleive what i find there when the people stiff me on rent ...i just cut the lock after all the legal stuf and its Christmas in july.. like a 69 rodrunner for free ... oh not free $330

Claiming a car off a lein can be a pain and expensive. I'm going through that right now. I've got a 92 BMW that a guy abandoned at my shop 2 years ago. It's crazy what you have to do to claim a title in Tennessee.

Claiming a car off a lein can be a pain and expensive. I'm going through that right now. I've got a 92 BMW that a guy abandoned at my shop 2 years ago. It's crazy what you have to do to claim a title in Tennessee.

i know but you have to realize in this business they always screw the owner and i take it to heart and take it till the final round i have another one now ...the guy shot himself and the place is filled and the wife refuses to pay ...i feel sorry for her and waited but i cant anymore ...i think he was a hunter so i can imagine whats in there

DUDE!!!!!! That thing got a Hemi???? :)

Archived