TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sheby Scoop For Sale On ebay

mffarrell

I wonder who is selling this, and will the bidders realize all the warts which is included with the scoop?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUSTANG-GT-...bayphotohosting

oops Freudian slip LOL...I meant Shelby in the title

Hmmmmm.

I wonder what SAI will do about this? These are not supposed to sold to the general public. It's not even supposed to be obtainable without proof of damage to the original scoop and then the original has to be returned to them first before getting a new one - excluding dealerships.

This is also the 2nd scoop (first released "fix") as the front two rivet holes are empty to accept the longer screws.

Hmmmmm.

I wonder what SAI will do about this? These are not supposed to sold to the general public. It's not even supposed to be obtainable without proof of damage to the original scoop and then the original has to be returned to them first before getting a new one - excluding dealerships.

This is also the 2nd scoop (first released "fix") as the front two rivet holes are empty to accept the longer screws.

Stolen property, or someone from the stealership got a hold of one?

I don't know. All I do know is when I went though my ordeal of scoop issues and replaced it myself, I was told the above was their policy to ensure exclusivity.

Stump, how about if the owner of the car got the GTH hood like i did? Wouldn't the stock hood be his own property to do what he wanted with? John told me that when he ships back my stock hood to me that the hood and scoop will be shipped separatly because of an issue with the hood w/scoop not fitting in their shipping boxes without the scoop getting damaged. I don't plan to sell my scoop. I thought I would send it in and have Carroll autograph it, but If I wanted to sell it why couldn't I, it's mine?

Dave

Obviously, Shelby can't stop any SGT owners from removing their scoops and selling them. I imagine that there will be some owners who will install other aftermarket scoops or hoods, and then sell the SGT scoops. If this one wasn't so much $$ I would buy it to hang in my garage.

my car (# 3873) was curbed on the front corner of the fascia while unloading and the dealer put a whole new fascia on it and told me to hang the old on in my shop for decoration...it has no damage other than the paint was chiped on the very bottom....mabe a guy should ebay it too...

NAH! Don't ebay it! Just send it to me!! :lol:

Stump, how about if the owner of the car got the GTH hood like i did? Wouldn't the stock hood be his own property to do what he wanted with? John told me that when he ships back my stock hood to me that the hood and scoop will be shipped separatly because of an issue with the hood w/scoop not fitting in their shipping boxes without the scoop getting damaged. I don't plan to sell my scoop. I thought I would send it in and have Carroll autograph it, but If I wanted to sell it why couldn't I, it's mine?

Dave

possibly. IDK how that would work since I can't afford one. :D

I guess if he already had the hood and scoop in his posession and then ordered the new hood and did a self install....

I just know what I was told.

possibly. IDK how that would work since I can't afford one. :D

I guess if he already had the hood and scoop in his posession and then ordered the new hood and did a self install....

I just know what I was told.

Yeah, but even then not sure it makes sense. You can never get it back to stock condition and you're left with a hood with holes. Why not sell the whole hood? Why keep the hood at all in your scenario. I can see selling the whole hood for $600-$800 rather than just the scoop. But people do the silliest things. :wacko:

Yeah, but even then not sure it makes sense. You can never get it back to stock condition and you're left with a hood with holes. Why not sell the whole hood? Why keep the hood at all in your scenario. I can see selling the whole hood for $600-$800 rather than just the scoop. But people do the silliest things. :wacko:

Unless they used the old hood and installed a shaker...

:o

I can tell you my hood and scoop will be hanging in my garage. Whenever I get back.

B)

Unless they used the old hood and installed a shaker...

:o

I can tell you my hood and scoop will be hanging in my garage. Whenever I get back.

B)

You going Shaker or new hood?

HE JUST LISTED A SECOND ONE ON EBAY AND SAYS HE HAS A THIRD ONE?????????

Something stinks.

AND the last one sold for $705!!!!!! :blink: :blink:

Here come the clones. Here come the clones.....

You going Shaker or new hood?

Something stinks.

AND the last one sold for $705!!!!!! :blink: :blink:

Here come the clones. Here come the clones.....

I agree, the clones are coming. But just like a fake Rolex, everybody knows it is a fake no matter how good it looks, it is still a fake.

I agree, the clones are coming. But just like a fake Rolex, everybody knows it is a fake no matter how good it looks, it is still a fake.

You mean "no matter how BAD it looks, it is still a fake"

You mean "no matter how BAD it looks, it is still a fake"

Is there a part# or other identifying mark on the underside of the scoop that would indicate it is an original Shelby part? (Of course that can aslo be duplicated, depending on the detail of the cloned part).

Archived