TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SUPER SNAKE WANTS

EUSMCBOB

I'M NEW TO THIS SO I HOPE IT WORKS

I JUST GOT MY 2008 GT500 AND AM ON THE SS LIST. THERE ARE 2 THINGS I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE ADDED TO THE PACKAGE. FIRST IS SOME SS ID ON THE REAR OF THE CAR FOR OBVIOUS REASONS AND THE SECOND IS THE WISH THAT THE SS STRIPE WOULD BE THE COLOR OF THE STRIPES ALREADY ON THE CAR. I STRUGGLED WITH COLOR SELECTION WHEN I ORDERED THE CAR. IT'S A SHAME TO LOSE WHAT I ORDERED.

I'M NEW TO THIS SO I HOPE IT WORKS

I JUST GOT MY 2008 GT500 AND AM ON THE SS LIST. THERE ARE 2 THINGS I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE ADDED TO THE PACKAGE. FIRST IS SOME SS ID ON THE REAR OF THE CAR FOR OBVIOUS REASONS AND THE SECOND IS THE WISH THAT THE SS STRIPE WOULD BE THE COLOR OF THE STRIPES ALREADY ON THE CAR. I STRUGGLED WITH COLOR SELECTION WHEN I ORDERED THE CAR. IT'S A SHAME TO LOSE WHAT I ORDERED.

Bob - First Welcome to the FORUM.

Second - I have recently posted to the same request as you to have a form of badging on the rear.

Didn't get a response from anyone or SAI.

Third - In regards to the striping - It "ain't" happening. You gotta really like the flat black with whatever color you have. It's the only color available.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob - First Welcome to the FORUM.

Second - I have recently posted to the same request as you to have a form of badging on the rear.

Didn't get a response from anyone or SAI.

Third - In regards to the striping - It "ain't" happening. You gotta really like the flat black with whatever color you have. It's the only color available.

Good luck.

I will look into a badge, maybe the gas cap ring, I will chat with the team

Amy:

Thanks for considering it. I have to agree with Bob about the badging. I know this topic has been brought up before about front or rear badging. I think it is a great idea! As far as the striping, I like your decision that it is uniformly black. Make the car consistent, with the exception of the body color.

The hood deck lettering and rear lettering spread out wide looks really awesome.

Thanks for hearing our thoughts. I know not all will agree with me, but it is just my opinion for what it is worth.

Chris

thanks Miss Amy, now how do i talk you guys into tinting my headlight and marker lights like 0001P. man that looks great

michael morris

Amy,

Ditto with Michael. I thought we were dealing with a car that just couldn't look any meaner - then I saw the SS blacked out. If it gets any better than that - I just might have to kill myself - I can't stand it !!! LOL.

If blackout is possible with SAI - along with near black window tinting & black SS striping - my Perf White 500 will be awesome. Awaiting your next response. Thanks Bob

I will look into a badge, maybe the gas cap ring, I will chat with the team

Amy,

I'd like to post a thought about the rear badge posting.

If all of the spaced out lettering across the hood and deck hasn't changed, then how about this....

The hood spaces out the name S-H-E-L-B-Y. The deck COULD space out the name S-U-P-E-R S-N-A-K-E across it instead of the name SHELBY again.

Too much......???? Too aggresive....???? Too bold.....????

Bob

Amy,

I'd like to post a thought about the rear badge posting.

If all of the spaced out lettering across the hood and deck hasn't changed, then how about this....

The hood spaces out the name S-H-E-L-B-Y. The deck COULD space out the name S-U-P-E-R S-N-A-K-E across it instead of the name SHELBY again.

Too much......???? Too aggresive....???? Too bold.....????

Bob

how about the ring on the faux gas cap?

how about the ring on the faux gas cap?

Amy,

This is just my opinion, but if you're going to build and drive a 725+HP SS that looks like the badest car on the road - you want the badging to as BOLD as the car. I just don't think that the ring around the gas cap would do it for me.

These Snakes can handle a whole lot more advertising than that.

Think bigger and meaner.

Thanks

Bob

Amy,

This is just my opinion, but if you're going to build and drive a 725+HP SS that looks like the badest car on the road - you want the badging to as BOLD as the car. I just don't think that the ring around the gas cap would do it for me.

Think bigger and meaner.

Thanks

Bob

Bob, don't get me wrong but do you really think you can drive a 725+hp around town? My understanding is open 3" pipes, might draw the attention of you know who.

Bob, don't get me wrong but do you really think you can drive a 725+hp around town? My understanding is open 3" pipes, might draw the attention of you know who.

Funny you say that. In my GT500, I've been stopped four times already by local police.

Not for an illegal reason, just because they wanted to check out the car and ask questions.

So, my experience so far is to expect to be pulled over with a car like the GT500 and maybe more with a Super Snake. That's why you have the car. They're unique and attractive.

Like Michael stated - they're street legal. Just take it easy and let everyone check it out.

More importantly, I'm into the SS because they're be a limited edition. We're all in a unique club that most car crazy people just dream of.

By the way, the topic was badging on the rearend - not driving a high perf car around town.

Bob

I will see, the letter accross the back might be a bit much. I will make thering anyway since it takes a while and the 600HP people will like it.... I will chat with the team

Funny you say that. In my GT500, I've been stopped four times already by local police.

Not for an illegal reason, just because they wanted to check out the car and ask questions.

So, my experience so far is to expect to be pulled over with a car like the GT500 and maybe more with a Super Snake. That's why you have the car. They're unique and attractive.

Like Michael stated - they're street legal. Just take it easy and let everyone check it out.

More importantly, I'm into the SS because they're be a limited edition. We're all in a unique club that most car crazy people just dream of.

By the way, the topic was badging on the rearend - not driving a high perf car around town.

Bob

Don't get me wrong Bob, I hope you and Michael can drive them anywhere you want to, maybe I'll see you, it would be nice but my understanding is open 3" pipes or are they open ( Borla cat-back (600HP) or JBA 3” manifold-back (700+HP) exhaust system) and in my state its a no no if you don"t have mufflers and I couldn't get through town like that. I remember back in the 60's when Jackie Rodgers would drive the Western Auto 64 Fairlane "Fortune Teller" for one round around Mac Donalds and strait back home, two rounds and he was caught, he had open exhausts and that 289 hipo was loud. He would go 1st, 2nd, 4th and leave those 396 375hp Chevy's at the strip but he was set up. If you could get the noise down I think you could drive it around town but being street legal from Shelby might be a stretch. I don't know anything about the 725hp+ except what I've read but my thinking was it was more like the 1965 R models and was ment more for the track than the street. Thats one reason why I'm getting the 600hp model, warranty and streetability but costs are the same and another reason is my 07SS130 is a red convertable and they won't let me have more. I think most but not all of the difference is in the tuning. I'm also wondering about the two suspension systems (FRPP adjustable damper suspension is standard. You can also choose the Shelby / Eibach suspension for an additional $100.00) don't know witch would be the best for the street. I've been driving Shelby's over 15 years and any Shelby will be looked at. I also have (and is my baby) a Red 66GT350H and a White 68GT500KR convertable but lately I've been driving my new one most.

I personally would not want to be a rolling advertisement.

This is not a race car where we are being paid for advertising logo.

I prefer the sleeper aproach and simply blow the doors off whatever tries to take me.

On the other hand, a speedometer which reflects the actual speed the car will run, would be something to add to the package.

I was told the governor would be removed, so how about a 200mph speedometer???

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Amy,

Think bigger and meaner.

Thanks

Bob

Amy,

Think bigger and meaner.

Thanks

Bob

I WOULD LIKE TO BE THE SECOND BOB AND TO SECOND HIS THOUGHT ON REAR BADGING. FOR 28K I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE SITTING BEHIND SOMETHING SPECIAL MEAN AND BAD. THE GAS CAP RING IS TO SMALL. WHAT ABOUT JUST SPELLING IT OUT TO THE RIGHT OF THE GAS CAP?

I WOULD LIKE TO BE THE SECOND BOB AND TO SECOND HIS THOUGHT ON REAR BADGING. FOR 28K I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE SITTING BEHIND SOMETHING SPECIAL MEAN AND BAD. THE GAS CAP RING IS TO SMALL. WHAT ABOUT JUST SPELLING IT OUT TO THE RIGHT OF THE GAS CAP?

Hear ye all, Hear ye all - the BOBS have spoken.

Amy - How can you go wrong with two BOBS saying the same thing.

Any forward movement here.........I can feel it in my blood... we're getting closer to shipping time.

The link to Road & Track video only makes it all the more exciting. Not only did it look menacing, it sounded even meaner.

Bob

• 2 months later...

Amy: I believe a 200 mph speedometer should replace the factory 160 mph speedometer!! No if's and's or but's. This would add a major differentiation between the standard GT 500 and the Super Snake GT 500. Why can Chevrolet have this feature as standard in the Corvette line-up and Ford can't add it to the top-of-the-line Mustangs-----Super Snake and GT 500 KR????? I would pay extra to have this in my car ---if possible. Let us know your thoughts. Thanks in advance. ;)

I would of considered the Super Snake option but the flat black stripe doesn't go well with Vista Blue. I can deal with concessions on the single stripe instead of the LeMan's stripe, but being forced into a black color is a deal breaker for me.

Black looks great on Orange, White, Yellow and is acceptible on Red.

Black is unacceptible on Black, and doesn't look great on Blue.

Pricewise I think the SuperSnake package is a bit steep pricewise for what you are getting. For $30k they should of thrown in a Aluminum Engine block! lol.

I think I will upgrade my through Evolution's or a mod shop. Cheaper and can be done to my exact specifications.

Archived