TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange SGT

railrider_merged

Guys, the orange one is pretty cool, I had originall bought my gt500 and had silver stripes, I didnt likeit much, I just bought a Shelby Gt in orange from Galpin ford and It looks better, I think its the slimer lines of a GT then a Gt500.

Anyway, the Black and white are my favorites probably because they are first, the Blue are cool, because the color and the vert. The great thing is you all have a choice, somehow I am sure that 10 years from now, I will have trouble driving an orange car personally.....lol, but for 10 years I am going to have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

No one commented on this....this is huge...Amy switched from her Gt500 to a SGT. A GT500 owner...the president of SAI...someone who is in the position to get a fair deal on a GT500KR? Super snake? or anything that might roll out of SAI's garages.....but nooooo...what does she do... she buys a SGT. :D Congratulations Amy..and may I be the first to welcome you to this quaint little group to Shelby enthusiasts. Welcome...and feel free to drop in and give your $.02 anytime.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure she switched from the GT500 to the Shelby GT and didn't just add to her collection. If I remember correctly she also owns a Series 1 and some other cars including a Chevelle. :o

Amy's GT500 was one of the first with black stripes which curiously is the only color stripe offered on the Super Snake.

Edit:

I went back and found her list, it is from June so things may have changed:

Current list

2006 escalade(husband)

2006 Mustang coupe

2006 Mustang convertible

2007 shelby gt500

68 myer manx dune buggy

52 ford pickup

71 chevelle big block

69 el camino

Shelby Series 1

2 1965 vespa scooters

I am selling the el camino, vespas and the dune buggy, need to lighten the load....lol

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...l=Contour&st=40

No one commented on this....this is huge...Amy switched from her Gt500 to a SGT. A GT500 owner...the president of SAI...someone who is in the position to get a fair deal on a GT500KR? Super snake? or anything that might roll out of SAI's garages.....but nooooo...what does she do... she buys a SGT. :D Congratulations Amy..and may I be the first to welcome you to this quaint little group to Shelby enthusiasts. Welcome...and feel free to drop in and give your $.02 anytime.

Maybe that just means Carroll doesn't pay very well and she can't afford the others! :lol:

That link to the Grabber Orange SGT identifies it as 08SGT0004.

That is #4! That's a lower CSM than any 07 SGT I ever saw.

Yeah but it's still ewwwww.

I like the orange. I do not like the silver stripe. I know SAI wants that to be their signature color but maybe they could think about a metallic black or something...

I think even a dark blue would look better than the silver on the orange!

That link to the Grabber Orange SGT identifies it as 08SGT0004.

That is #4! That's a lower CSM than any 07 SGT I ever saw.

Wow! # 4, that is LOW.

I guess there wont be any low numbered Blue SGT's, the first 08's were Orange.

Imagine how this would look with flat black stripes and black wheels.

a102_4.JPG

Yeah, like a Bumble Bee! :blink: ......maybe A DUSTER 440 Tribute! ;)

Imagine how this would look with flat black stripes and black wheels.

a102_4.JPG

....it would like the Saleen PJ Jones car.

There is one (Shelby GT) sitting outside at Midway Ford in Central LA. I was only able to about 300 feet from the car. I was told there is at a dealer in West LA also and they are only asking sticker. Which is now around $42K.

I heard 08SGT0001-08SGT0219 are Grabber Orange (because there are 219 Grabber Orange SGTs).

So you shouldn't see a Blue one lower than 08SGT0220.

Wouldn't these have their own number series since they are really Shelby GT-C cars? Therefore the '08 Blue cars would still start numbering at 0001.

robin

Wouldn't these have their own number series since they are really Shelby GT-C cars? Therefore the '08 Blue cars would still start numbering at 0001.

robin

Nope. They are numbered as 08SGTXXXX. I was told that all the blue cars would be numbered after all the orange cars and the orange one would be numbered 1-217. UPDATED 19 DEC 08 with correct number for GT-Cs

This is the dash plate from the orange car listed on ebay (see roger's post above)

a148_4.JPG

Just saw one across the street at ford and went and took a look. Standard Gt with nav option, Shelby package listed at 15K (HID Headlights) Looks about 50K with my math.

Only thing different then mine was the Nav and the rivited hood scoop headlights and Holloween orange.

Someone missed the mark on the scoop install... i will add later on this.... :blink:

I guess if its only 200 and you garage it and dont drive it but, with that color, i'd keep in the garage anyway........ ;)

Thats just my opinion on the color and my taste only, if someone loves it great for them........ :)

Just saw one across the street at ford and went and took a look. Standard Gt with nav option, Shelby package listed at 15K (HID Headlights) Looks about 50K with my math.

Only thing different then mine was the Nav and the rivited hood scoop headlights and Holloween orange.

Someone missed the mark on the scoop install... i will add later on this.... :blink:

I guess if its only 200 and you garage it and dont drive it but, with that color, i'd keep in the garage anyway........ ;)

Thats just my opinion on the color and my taste only, if someone loves it great for them........ :)

They could have used it in the transformer movie as bumble bee instead of the camero..I like it. what was wrong with the scoop???????????

Ed, did you get the CSM # by chance?

csm # 0116

Ed, did you get the CSM # by chance?

csm # 0116

They could have used it in the transformer movie as bumble bee instead of the camero..I like it. what was wrong with the scoop???????????

lOOKS WHEN THEY INSTALLED IT, bACK DRIVERS CORNER, PUSHED THE STRIPE OR SOMETHING CAUSE ITS BUNCHED UP RIGHT UNDER THAT CORNER OF THE SCOOP. rIVITS LOOK OK BUT, THERE SEEMS TO BE LACK OF PAINT OVER THEM AND IT KINDA LOOKS UNFINISHED? Ooooops, sorry for the caps, work pc and im not re typin................. :)

How freekin hokey! Anything to make a dollar. I hate to say it but this is the kind of crap that really just p*sses me off. Just the dollar bill written all over it no car enthusist here, just a plain and simple money maker. :angry:

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swede,

I really don't get where you are coming from? Why so negitive? This is a special Limited Edition for Southern California and all of the visors have been signed by Carroll Shelby. How is that making a buck. The cars have been going for MSRP. The 07's had ADM's. I think is't a very special touch for a very special limited edition Shelby. I do not think the intent was to place a signature to make more money. I dono.

Swede,

I really don't get where you are coming from? Why so negitive? This is a special Limited Edition for Southern California and all of the visors have been signed by Carroll Shelby. How is that making a buck. The cars have been going for MSRP. The 07's had ADM's. I think is't a very special touch for a very special limited edition Shelby. I do not think the intent was to place a signature to make more money. I dono.

Well it just seems that there are "small" differences between the Northern Cali Edition and the So Cali Edition etc... I just think it is just not right. Make a California Edition and keep it as one. It should have been left with the center gauge cluster now it is the other edition that has the center gauge cluster. It just confuses the public about what is what. I say leave the da*n thing alone, put the correct HP in the car and sell it for the right price. Anything else is just not right in my book. Sorry Ross I am just touchy about this car, not its looks , just everything else about it. I just think they should have done it right from the get go instead of rushing this to market, that's all. My biggest beef is the measly 19 HP over stock. You'll never know how I feel because you had the where with all and knowledge to order the car with the right mods. I never knew they were available until after I pulled the trigger on mine. Just p*sses me off to no end- :angry:

csm # 0116

csm # 0116

lOOKS WHEN THEY INSTALLED IT, bACK DRIVERS CORNER, PUSHED THE STRIPE OR SOMETHING CAUSE ITS BUNCHED UP RIGHT UNDER THAT CORNER OF THE SCOOP. rIVITS LOOK OK BUT, THERE SEEMS TO BE LACK OF PAINT OVER THEM AND IT KINDA LOOKS UNFINISHED? Ooooops, sorry for the caps, work pc and im not re typin................. :)

Ed,

I'm collecting info on 08s. Pieces of info I don't have for the car are the dealer's name, location, and vin#. I know that's a lot to ask, but if you happen by there again, I would appreciate this info.

:)

Well it just seems that there are "small" differences between the Northern Cali Edition and the So Cali Edition etc... I just think it is just not right. Make a California Edition and keep it as one. It should have been left with the center gauge cluster now it is the other edition that has the center gauge cluster. It just confuses the public about what is what. I say leave the da*n thing alone, put the correct HP in the car and sell it for the right price. Anything else is just not right in my book. Sorry Ross I am just touchy about this car, not its looks , just everything else about it. I just think they should have done it right from the get go instead of rushing this to market, that's all. My biggest beef is the measly 19 HP over stock. You'll never know how I feel because you had the where with all and knowledge to order the car with the right mods. I never knew they were available until after I pulled the trigger on mine. Just p*sses me off to no end- :angry:

first of all there isn't a southern and northern edition, there is a special run of 08 orange cars with Carroll's signature and there was a run of 07 cars for california with guage pods. The head of California likes to order stuff for his area, since they are the largest mustang sellers in the world.

There is nothing wrong with this. Car companies have done special editions for years.

On the HP, this is a pre title program, that means we are limited to the cars natural abilities so it will pass carb, epa etc.... This car is not like a roush or saleen, it's pre title, there is a big difference. If you want more power upgrade, many are

Amy

Archived