TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under hood sticker

louie428

I was actually looking at mine yesterday. On mine (#5172) I have a Ford sticker covered by a Shelby sticker.

Plus the reccomended oil wt is different from the oil filler cap ?

what is up with this ?

(I want a shelby sticker too )

and can I have the sgt number engraved on my sill plates like my Hertz renter last week. I think these cars are a great endless task of updates. Now I know why my dog chases his tail. And to think I laughed at him!

:lol: You're right! It's gets pretty silly at times.

Hi all!!!

Well, here is the post that I posted on SU about the C.A.R.B. sticker...........................

Hi all,

The information that I posted was what was given to me when I asked about it. Also, the oil that came with the vehicle---5W-20, is still ok to use through the break in. It is recomended then to change to 5W-30 on the first oil change. You will not see it in any manual or added suppliment. It will only be listed on the C.A.R.B. sticker.

It is STILL ok to use the 5W-20 oil. But you may still be asking why was it changed if we can still use it. The main reason is the flash tune that we added. We figured that since the vehicle was tuned, everybody would drive the vehicle "just a wee bit harder" than normal (after seeing some of the posts, I would say that the statement may just be true ) and a heavier weight oil was suggested to help disperse some heat.

I hope this will help clear up any confusion

Bud

Hi all!!!

Well, here is the post that I posted on SU about the C.A.R.B. sticker...........................

Hi all,

The information that I posted was what was given to me when I asked about it. Also, the oil that came with the vehicle---5W-20, is still ok to use through the break in. It is recomended then to change to 5W-30 on the first oil change. You will not see it in any manual or added suppliment. It will only be listed on the C.A.R.B. sticker.

It is STILL ok to use the 5W-20 oil. But you may still be asking why was it changed if we can still use it. The main reason is the flash tune that we added. We figured that since the vehicle was tuned, everybody would drive the vehicle "just a wee bit harder" than normal (after seeing some of the posts, I would say that the statement may just be true ) and a heavier weight oil was suggested to help disperse some heat.

I hope this will help clear up any confusion

Bud

Can we get the sticker? :rolleyes: You know how we are..the more places it says "SHELBY" in the engine compartment the better we like it and the better it shows.

Oh hey..and how about that cool "Ford Racing" Tune sticker like on the GTH?

HEY! I CAN ASK! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Archived