TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 - Whats the best way to get one.....

supe

Good Luck and WAIT for a while! most of the ones at dealers now are over MSRP.

Put the money in the bank draw some interest and look and call around. Oh buy some beer now to help pass the time, in a month get some Crown Royal this is helping me some. Key word is wait!

MCLE

Good Luck and WAIT for a while! most of the ones at dealers now are over MSRP.

Put the money in the bank draw some interest and look and call around. Oh buy some beer now to help pass the time, in a month get some Crown Royal this is helping me some. Key word is wait!

MCLE

If patience is a virtue, virtue sucks... wanna :shift::)

If patience is a virtue, virtue sucks... wanna :shift::)

wait...I just seen a 06 GT40 on e-bay for buy it now 158,000.00....I think thats around 7-8 off of MSRP...

brand new, sitting in the dealers showroom...

Anyone know how long they are planning on making this car? I want one also, and have no problems waiting for the price to come down to reality. I am guessing they will build it at least 2 years, like the last Cobra, right?

Guest evilchris

The price is already coming down. Cars will be MSRP this year in my book. The number willing to get ripped off is very small, that's why ebay auctions are ending without reserves met.

The price is already coming down. Cars will be MSRP this year in my book. The number willing to get ripped off is very small, that's why ebay auctions are ending without reserves met.

Yeah, I think you could be right Chris... I've been saying all along MSRP by Jan/Feb and $500-800 over invoice by the Jan/Feb following last production year. I shure hope you're right!

Anyone know how long they are planning on making this car? I want one also, and have no problems waiting for the price to come down to reality. I am guessing they will build it at least 2 years, like the last Cobra, right?

Well, that's somewhat of a mystery. We know it's at least two years and several mags (after their earlt test-drives) said three years (an amazing coincidence if Ford didn't say that at the pre-track briefing). IMO 3 years, but I don't think anyone kows for sure. I do think the volumes will go up though since Ford has stated GT500 production "is set at 10%" of mustang production. So that could mean 12-15K GT500s/year based on industry production estimates and present production rates (as best as we can tell) as opposed to 9,000 that Ford had previously stated (late-May/early-June?).

PS -- Yamahar1, you're already #1 on the best avatar list, but to actually win you'll need to post them all at full res here asap ;-) :lurk: .

<edit:> do I hear an Amen out there, my brothers (and sisters) ?! >

Wait.

...an excellent summary! :doh::)

Well, that's somewhat of a mystery. We know it's at least two years and several mags (after their earlt test-drives) said three years (an amazing coincidence if Ford didn't say that at the pre-track briefing). IMO 3 years, but I don't think anyone kows for sure. I do think the volumes will go up though since Ford has stated GT500 production "is set at 10%" of mustang production. So that could mean 12-15K GT500s/year based on industry production estimates and present production rates (as best as we can tell) as opposed to 9,000 that Ford had previously stated (late-May/early-June?).

PS -- Yamahar1, you're already #1 on the best avatar list, but to actually win you'll need to post them all at full res here asap ;-) :lurk: .

<edit:> do I hear an Amen out there, my brothers (and sisters) ?! >

...an excellent summary! :doh::)

Officially its a two year build but who really knows? For sure the price will probably settle around 500 above m.s.r.p ,to many people lined up for 2008`s. What we do know for "SURE" you are #1 with your avatar`s.

You can have it quickly or you can have at a reasonable cost. Pick one.

Maybe one or two thousand have been built, so most dealers wouldn't have gotten more than one or two built by now (I said most). Most dealers have wait lists of more than one (I said most). Do the math. I have talked to one small dealer who believes the fair ADM is $5 - 10K becaus ethey are small town and are trying to limit the ill-will. Theirs are all sold and they don't have one in yet. Since that's all they'll get this year, I suspect they are a good example for most dealers. In other words, you will have to work hard in my opinion to find a good deal before the end of MY 07. But I'd use the advice others have suggested here - start with a small dealer first. Ford's website has a search function for dealers near you. Start there and expect to do a lot of calling.

How many arms, legs and first borns can you come up with?? :hysterical:

Seriously, just wait a while. You'll get one for MSRP.

The are only a few ways to get a new Shelby for MSRP

1. find a dealer through alot of calls and emails or referrals who will sell at MSRP and still has an available allocation to order. This will be tough. Most dealers have already ordered cars to satisfy their initial allocation for MY07.

2. find a dealer who has a list but has not actually placed any orders for any specific indivduals but used up their allocations and simply ordered them for the dealer showrooms and put a sign on it for ADM. But in this scenario, you must play the waiting game for the dealer to lower his price, but also someone could come up with the high ADM and then the car would be gone.

3. find a dealer that will put you on his list for a 'share of nation' Shelby and take your deposit, and place your order now and just wait till late this year or early spring 07. keep in mind that some smaller dealers wil probably not get any share of nation Shelbys.

4. make a deal now for an 08 - finding a dealer to sell an allocation he does not have solidified will be a challenge for one and even more of a challenge to get him to comit in writing that they will sell it at MSRP.

Anyone else have any strategies?

This is an extremely popular and truly unique car :happy feet: . Carroll Shelby is 83 and had a kidney-heart transplant, from what I've read on this site. This may be the last factory Shelby Mustang. Even if there is another factory Shelby Mustang of some kind, this was the FIRST one in almost 40 YEARS! Damn :cheerleader: . Say what you want about his involvement in the project, but it is really a Shelby Mustang. That means a lot to a lot of people.

Given the fact that the MSRP is relatively low for a car with this kind of appeal, performance, and history behind it, I believe that the Shelby GT500 will be in very high demand throughout its production run and will command prices above MSRP for quite some time - maybe even throughout its run. Do I think people will pay $10K to $25K over MSRP a year from now? Hardly :kuko: . Now, I may be trying to justify the $10K over MSRP I have agreed to pay (My build week is next week :shift: ), but I really do think that smaller ADM's will be the norm - perhaps in the $2.5K to $5K range. Remember: You almost always had to pay a $2.5K to $5K ADM for the '05 Mustang GT toward the end of the '05 model year, and there were a lot more Mustang GT's built that year than the 7,000 to 9,000 Shelby's we hear will be built this year.

The Shelby is hot. Very hot. :rockon:

This is interesting.

Why do these threads usually deteriorate into quips and anecdotes?

Hmmm.

I think perhaps it's due to the INTENSE LEVEL OF STRESS WE'RE FEELING WAITING FOR OUR :censored: Mustangs TO ARRIVE. Pant...pant..pant....

Sorry.

I'll go make another double. :baby:

And - Chris - stop being so :censored: nice.

This is an extremely popular and truly unique car :happy feet: . Carroll Shelby is 83 and had a kidney-heart transplant, from what I've read on this site. This may be the last factory Shelby Mustang. Even if there is another factory Shelby Mustang of some kind, this was the FIRST one in almost 40 YEARS! Damn :cheerleader: . Say what you want about his involvement in the project, but it is really a Shelby Mustang. That means a lot to a lot of people.

Given the fact that the MSRP is relatively low for a car with this kind of appeal, performance, and history behind it, I believe that the Shelby GT500 will be in very high demand throughout its production run and will command prices above MSRP for quite some time - maybe even throughout its run. Do I think people will pay $10K to $25K over MSRP a year from now? Hardly :kuko: . Now, I may be trying to justify the $10K over MSRP I have agreed to pay (My build week is next week :shift: ), but I really do think that smaller ADM's will be the norm - perhaps in the $2.5K to $5K range. Remember: You almost always had to pay a $2.5K to $5K ADM for the '05 Mustang GT toward the end of the '05 model year, and there were a lot more Mustang GT's built that year than the 7,000 to 9,000 Shelby's we hear will be built this year.

The Shelby is hot. Very hot. :rockon:

...and a lot more people wanted 2005 Mustang GT's than want currently want 2007 GT500's. That's only because the Mustang GT appeals to many more people because of it's price range - that's why they'll sell about 150,000 more 2007 Mustang (V6, GT) than 2007 GT500's.

Guest evilchris

43k MSRP is actually kind of high for this vehicle. A lot of people seem to think BMW build quality/materials are here. The GT500 has a nice engine and some nice brakes, but the rest of it is a mass produced Mustang.

Some Chapstick and a blonde wig? :hysterical:

...and that's just to get on the list :hysterical:

The are only a few ways to get a new Shelby for MSRP

1. find a dealer through alot of calls and emails or referrals who will sell at MSRP and still has an available allocation to order. This will be tough. Most dealers have already ordered cars to satisfy their initial allocation for MY07.

2. find a dealer who has a list but has not actually placed any orders for any specific indivduals but used up their allocations and simply ordered them for the dealer showrooms and put a sign on it for ADM. But in this scenario, you must play the waiting game for the dealer to lower his price, but also someone could come up with the high ADM and then the car would be gone.

3. find a dealer that will put you on his list for a 'share of nation' Shelby and take your deposit, and place your order now and just wait till late this year or early spring 07. keep in mind that some smaller dealers wil probably not get any share of nation Shelbys.

4. make a deal now for an 08 - finding a dealer to sell an allocation he does not have solidified will be a challenge for one and even more of a challenge to get him to comit in writing that they will sell it at MSRP.

Anyone else have any strategies?

Nice summary, aw!

Maybe point#3 gives us more hope if Ford's statement that GT500 production "is set at 10%" of total Mustang production isn't constrained by Tremec production because 10% will be somewhere in the vicinity of 15K units, so share-of-nation might be a nice chunk of production.

Archived