TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Line lock kit for 07 SGT

captrus

Has anyone installed or had one put in yet? If so who was the supplier? Any comments about it good or bad would be welcome.

Thanks,

Rusty

Hmmmmm...42 views as of noon today and not one person has installed a line lock kit on their hotrod....makes me wonder about this crowd <_< OHHH, I know, everyone runs the local road courses huh! yeah, right! :lol:

Hundreds of post on adding superchargers to the SGT, even more on other hop ups...but not one with a line lock....oh well. I bet if I had a CD stuck in my Shaker there would be 50 post by the end of the day on how to get it unstuck :blink:

Anyway, thanks for all the post on how to clean and polish the Pony....LMAO!

Hmmmmm...42 views as of noon today and not one person has installed a line lock kit on their hotrod....makes me wonder about this crowd <_< OHHH, I know, everyone runs the local road courses huh! yeah, right! :lol:

Hundreds of post on adding superchargers to the SGT, even more on other hop ups...but not one with a line lock....oh well. I bet if I had a CD stuck in my Shaker there would be 50 post by the end of the day on how to get it unstuck :blink:

Anyway, thanks for all the post on how to clean and polish the Pony....LMAO!

The internet is a big place. If you are not getting the answers you want here try Google.

Has anyone installed or had one put in yet? If so who was the supplier? Any comments about it good or bad would be welcome.

Thanks,

Rusty

Have not installed it yet but here is the one I am planning on using:

http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=187

It doesn't come with the solenoid, they suggest the JEGS version but I'll be using the Hurst:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv..._10002_15040_-1

Also adding performance clutch, aluminum flywheel, aluminum drive shaft, 4:10 gears, drag radial wheel/tires, shift light.

Ultimately shooting for mid to low 11's ET - World's quickest SGT?

The internet is a big place. If you are not getting the answers you want hear try Google.

Stump, I have a list of several suppliers already, they all claim to be the best. I've used SLP before and had "costly" bad luck with it. I merely was looking for some feed back here on the forum by owners who actually race their SGT's. But thank you for your googling advice, I'll try to remember it. Next time I'm getting off the line poorly I'll think...dang, should have bought the Line Lock from the paid advertiser on Google, who of course claim theirs is the best one.....

Stump, I have a list of several suppliers already, they all claim to be the best. I've used SLP before and had "costly" bad luck with it. I merely was looking for some feed back here on the forum by owners who actually race their SGT's. But thank you for your googling advice, I'll try to remember it. Next time I'm getting off the line poorly I'll think...dang, should have bought the Line Lock from the paid advertiser on Google, who of course claim theirs is the best one.....

Oh, my mistake.

Try Yahoo.... :rolleyes:

Have not installed it yet but here is the one I am planning on using:

http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=187

It doesn't come with the solenoid, they suggest the JEGS version but I'll be using the Hurst:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv..._10002_15040_-1

Also adding performance clutch, aluminum flywheel, aluminum drive shaft, 4:10 gears, drag radial wheel/tires, shift light.

Ultimately shooting for mid to low 11's ET - World's quickest SGT?

Well ALL RIGHT...there is a racer on the forum. Hope you don't mind but you are going on mu buddy list. Your plans sound right on time. The low 11's are within reach (as you know) The JEGS solenoid is good and what I was thinking as well. The SLP kit I had before seemed to lag which is costly, most likely the solenoid since the whole setup is dependant on. My friend uses a Hurst as well but prior to getting in the box he'll warm it up a few time to dry up any moisture in it......many thanks for the link and info!!

Keep me posted on your progress!!!

Rusty

Oh, my mistake.

Try Yahoo.... :rolleyes:

I'll try Yahoo. If I find a 4 banger Pinto or Vega I'll forward you the link. :lol:

It is a brake kit enabling you to lock the brakes on just the front wheels. That way you can spin the rear wheels for cleanig them prior to drag racing. The clean wheels enable you to grip the track better and hook up.

My point was that you were acting as if we had installed one and were holding out on you. Unlike other sites I have been to people on here are very forthcoming with info. Hence my smart a*s comment....

Thank you! My point was and is SHELBY has ALWAYS been about race cars. I was not acting like anyone was holding out. I was merely surprised that there is more post here about the radio, car polish, reaction time on the street but for HEAD TURNING by gawkers than car setups. Smarta*s remarks are always welcome by me, it shows spunk, the only thing that bothers me is when I toss one back and the receiver gets lady like sensitive. On the other hand if you were to go to a Viper Forum, or a Vette Forum you will see that these guys bought and use the cars as an extention of their middle leg. I prefer relating to a owner who will let the ol' scrotum sack really hang as well as putting the car on the edge and beyond on what it can do, not blowing speakers with a thousand watt amp or applying mothers wax with the left hand.....

OH...FYI, I'm not cross threaded with you either B)

Rusty

at the risk of sounding like a noob....what the hell is a LINE LOCK KIT??

Fatboy,

A line lock kit, sometimes called "Roll Control" is installed on the brake system. It is used to lock up the front two brakes of the car while leaving the rear brakes off. With it you can now spin the rear tires to heat them up to about 200 degrees (or more if you lay on it too long, don't do that). With this $150 dollar device your car will remain stationary while you develope the needed heat in the rear tires to get a good launch while drag racing. The hot sticky tires will now be clean of small rocks, oils and other debris. The rears will now "grip" the track and not sit there spinning as you watch your opponent get half way down the track, making you look more like a spectator than the other racer. In terms of winning races this simple device can help as much if not more than adding a $6000 dollar super charger. In other words, if you can't get off the line without losing time and distance by spinning, no amount of extra horse power is going to help you win.

I hope this reply helps answer your question.

Rusty

ohhhhhh so thats how they do that without eating up the rear brakes...glad i never tried any standing bornouts

Yep, you try that and your clutch will be toast, in stock configuration all four brakes engage, not like a motorcycle such as our beloved Harleys where you hold the front brake and blow the rear tire while the crowd goes nuts :lol:

BTW, I own a super bad 06 Screaming Eagle Ultra with enuff hop ups to run with many of the croch rockets out there today....NOT BRAGGING, just like to let em hang bro!!

I take it with a name like "Fatboy" you ride too uh?

Rusty

It is a brake kit enabling you to lock the brakes on just the front wheels. That way you can spin the rear wheels for cleanig them prior to drag racing. The clean wheels enable you to grip the track better and hook up.

Did you get that info from Yahoo or Google? LMAO!! JK, JK,...EASY Webber, EASY!

This is what it does for you:

Me and My 64 Galaxie

Once the slicks started to bit it would start to push my car out of the water box but, you will get the idea.......

Now that was nice... So were you sandbagging when you said you were pulling 14's in the SGT and saying you were a lousy driver?

Just kidding... I could only pull mid to low 13's with the supercharger and the stock tires. Of course it was 95 degrees, the track was slippery, the sun was in my eyes, I'm a lousy driver, etc...

Now I did beat out a stock GT 500 and a modified Mustang GT so I'm not too unhappy. Just need to get the drive train setup right so that I can take advantage of the RWHP.

Now that was nice... So were you sandbagging when you said you were pulling 14's in the SGT and saying you were a lousy driver?

Just kidding... I could only pull mid to low 13's with the supercharger and the stock tires. Of course it was 95 degrees, the track was slippery, the sun was in my eyes, I'm a lousy driver, etc...

Now I did beat out a stock GT 500 and a modified Mustang GT so I'm not too unhappy. Just need to get the drive train setup right so that I can take advantage of the RWHP.

+1 on the set-up.

I wish on the sand baggin! :lol:

SGT are road cars and will take some changes to get them to hook and get down the track............. :)

Cap Rusty-

I don't intend to put one on my Shelby, but a buddy of mine runs a 71 Monte Carlo at the closest drag strip to us. I help him keep the the car up and he uses a Hurst roll control kit-he couldn't remember a model number, but said it's the best one he's found.

BTW- it's a car that run's high 10's

Me and My 64 Galaxie

Once the slicks started to bit it would start to push my car out of the water box but, you will get the idea.......

HOTDAUM! Love to see an old Gal launch, reminds me of a 747 about to take off. Nice run bro, REALLY nice! Lo11....not bad, NOT BAD AT ALL! Car sounded good too, never missed a beat! Thanks for the show and tell! Now BRAG ;-)

Rusty

Cap Rusty-

I don't intend to put one on my Shelby, but a buddy of mine runs a 71 Monte Carlo at the closest drag strip to us. I help him keep the the car up and he uses a Hurst roll control kit-he couldn't remember a model number, but said it's the best one he's found.

BTW- it's a car that run's high 10's

Thanks, for that info. Other than some homemade ones from back in the day my guess is Hurst may have been one of the first to actually make and sell them, they been around a long time. Like a friend of mine says, 'They got spearance in it' :-)

Rusty

Me and My 64 Galaxie

Ed, where was this race?

Capt.

What Line Lock are you going with?

Also, can you recommend a good helmet?

Ed, where was this race?

Capt.

What Line Lock are you going with?

Also, can you recommend a good helmet?

That was at Fontana a while back.

Have not thought about putting one on the Shelby. I may though if i start running a Drag Radial.

Right now i have a G-Force that looks simular to an open face Bell. Make sure you have at least snell 2000 (Thats what most tracks want) and get the right measurments to make sure it fits like its supposed to.

Drag Racing is Far Out! :)

That was at Fontana a while back.

Have not thought about putting one on the Shelby. I may though if i start running a Drag Radial.

Right now i have a G-Force that looks simular to an open face Bell. Make sure you have at least snell 2000 (Thats what most tracks want) and get the right measurments to make sure it fits like its supposed to.

Drag Racing is Far Out! :)

Thanks. I eventually want to take mine to the New England Dragway. I thought I saw a Gal exactly like yours there a few weeks ago, that's why I was asking. I think I have a vid of the Gal racing so I'll try to figure a way to post it.

With the S/C, SAI recommended that I not get racing tires so my street tires stay as the weakest link to avoid potential damage to the drivetrain.

I just found some Bell helmets for some decent prices. Might wait for the spring if I don't get to race in the next few weeks.

Thanks. I eventually want to take mine to the New England Dragway. I thought I saw a Gal exactly like yours there a few weeks ago, that's why I was asking. I think I have a vid of the Gal racing so I'll try to figure a way to post it.

With the S/C, SAI recommended that I not get racing tires so my street tires stay as the weakest link to avoid potential damage to the drivetrain.

I just found some Bell helmets for some decent prices. Might wait for the spring if I don't get to race in the next few weeks.

The Drag Radials will still give you some spin, just not like a street tire. Just dont try to launch it to hard out of the hole, plus you won't be all over the track when going thru the gears.

Is a line lock designed to work with my SGT's automatic transmission?

The line lock works with any car, auto or stick. It simply applies the front brakes by means of solinoids and you holding a button instead of using your foot brake which brakes all 4 wheels. The brakes will only then be applied to the front allowing you to do your burnout, until you let go of the button. :)

The line lock works with any car, auto or stick. It simply applies the front brakes by means of solinoids and you holding a button instead of using your foot brake which brakes all 4 wheels. The brakes will only then be applied to the front allowing you to do your burnout, until you let go of the button. :)

More importantly it keeps you from rolling around on the starting line. Hurst calls it roll control. FYI

Archived