TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHAKER 1000

07SGT4578

...........THE SHAKER 1000 DOES NOT WORK WITH SIRIUS? WITH THE FM RADIO AND CD IT BOOMS, NO BASS WITH SIRIUS, UGH.

Just throwing this out there, I have noticed on the sat. radio stations they use heavy compression when converting from wav to mp3 or whatever format they are using. It sounds like they are going 128 bit or lower. This will severly limit the sound produced by the song - no highs and no lows and it gives the song a "tingy" sound.

It really, REALLY ticks me off. Basically you are paying for really crappy music. I can get better quality from Limewire peer to peer junk without paying that monthly fee Sirius. I'm not impressed with the sat radio at all...

For comparison, I never record music - mine or otherwise - any less than 160 bit and about 95% of it is 192 bit.

The more compression, the more you can pack on a hard drive. The less the larger the file but the better the sound.

make sure the rear subs are on go to ch 36 or 37 ,take the base all most to max ;)

Go to channel 104 (Raw Dog Comedy). No way to test the bass listening to a stand up routine...but about every 5-7 minutes they play a Station ID that has a LOT of low end bass---

It rumbles pretty good on mine Shaker 1000...see what you think.

i dont have the sirius. but i do have the XM service that i've been subscribed to for some time.

satelite radio sound quality isnt that good. i mainly just use it to listen to talk radio, news radio, or comedy stations and maybe some old honky tonk tunes if they are playing.(and no i'm not some old heehaw redneck, i listen to Rock n Roll too but only on CD or FM)

Yea I swore I wouldnt renew my satelite service when the free 6 months was up but now I have changed my mind. I listen to 3 or 4 rock stations and sports talk radio alot. When the FM stations arent playing anything good I am constantly on the satellite. Of course if I break down and finally get an Ipod all that could change. Sound quality has been decent. I havent been cranking the sh*t out of mine because I have a hard time taking off from stops with the sound cranked up. I tend to stall the <bleep> thing if I cant hear the engine rev up!LOL

Yea I swore I wouldnt renew my satelite service when the free 6 months was up but now I have changed my mind. I listen to 3 or 4 rock stations and sports talk radio alot. When the FM stations arent playing anything good I am constantly on the satellite. Of course if I break down and finally get an Ipod all that could change. Sound quality has been decent. I havent been cranking the sh*t out of mine because I have a hard time taking off from stops with the sound cranked up. I tend to stall the <bleep> thing if I cant hear the engine rev up!LOL

Five months ago I stalled a Mustang (V6, 5-speed) three times on the test drive. Stalled 07SGT4305 once in the four weeks I've owned her, and that was in the far reaches of Lowe's parking lot when backing over the middle of two parking spaces. The fellow that witnessed this was kind enough to say nothing.

Archived