TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18" Polished wheels from factory

BlueOval

Ok, I saw an '07 Mustang GT today with 18" Polished ALuminum wheels and P235/50ZR18 tires. They don't really fill out the wheel wells very good (IMO) and my question is is there a tire size that can be put on the factory 18" rim to fill out the wheel well or will I need to get a different sized rim and tire combo?

Thanks!

Ok, I saw an '07 Mustang GT today with 18" Polished ALuminum wheels and P235/50ZR18 tires. They don't really fill out the wheel wells very good (IMO) and my question is is there a tire size that can be put on the factory 18" rim to fill out the wheel well or will I need to get a different sized rim and tire combo?

Thanks!

It is all a matter of personal choice. I personally prefer aftermarket wheel styles over the factory ones. I like the deep dish look with at least 9.5, or 10" wide tires, at least in the back, maybe 8.5" wide tires in the front. I like the look of the lowering kit also, which drops the car like 1.5" total. That is a nice, look. It all goes back to personal preference though.

Gotta drop it to lose some of that space.

Got my Ford Racing springs waiting on the GT!

I'll post pics when they're on.

Doesn't matter what rim size you put on - that just affects how much tire between the rim and the road.

Archived