TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Threads off topic

Threads off topic too often?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we too often get threads off topic?

• Yes, and we should avoid that
    • Yes, but that's ok...topics are bound to have offshoots
    • No, I think we keep on topic most of the time

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man what happened to this thread it was just getting good. Weren't we talking about powerleasing a pink smilie or something? :headscratch:

Boy you guy`s are losing it ,get back on your meds. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :hysterical::hysterical:

Ok, the votes are in. My opinion all along that was "yes", we do get off topic, but that's just part of the nature of the forum. If someone is talking about dyno mods, and someone mentioned that they made dyno mods on their Terminator blah blah blah, then the next post may start asking about what color their Terminator was...and thus things get off track.

However, I do understand some of the frustration relative to a lot of posts about things that don't seem to add a lot of value to the more "serious" posts.

Therefore, I'll try to do a little better about keeping on topic in those more "serious" posts. I'm willing to try that to make the overall forum a more enjoyable place for all.

However, I also see the forum as a place to have fun and laugh...so I'll continue to "cut up" copious amounts of fun....I'll just try to do it in threads that seem to have been started in that direction.

I'm likely one of the few people on the forum that has very little knowledge of previous Mustangs (I had a '67 289 Mustang car many years ago...but have been a Chevy guy ever since the late '70s). As such, I can't add much to the technical talk...but I have learned a great deal already from all of you...and for that I'm grateful and appreciative....thanks.

I do however, have quite a bit of knowledge about cars in general. I've built my '69 Camaro from a rolling chassis, and done every piece of mechanical work myself. I graduated with an Automotive Technology certificate in Cincinnati in 1983, was ASE certified for 4 years, was a brake, front-end, suspension, and alignment technician for 6 years, worked as a DOL-certified Journeyman technician for 8 years at the Research Center of a major diesel engine company building prototype diesel engines (prefer not to disclose my company, but you can easily figure it out on your own), and have a B.S. in Engineering (I won't mention the MBA...that tends to get "boo'd" in this forum).

Now if I just understood the Ford ordering system as well as isellfords and FiveOH. :banghead:

Dave

...or is a post in a thread about being off-topic always on-topic by definition?

Dave, a great book to brush up on Mustangdom: Mustang Buyer's Guide 1964 1/2 - 1978 (2003/Brad Bowling). It's $24.95 but Barnes & Nobel has it on clearance right now for $5.98 (it's worth every cent at $24.95).

Every year/model is separated out, including all Shelbys and each contains a writeup and pix as well as a garage-watch (what to look for/be careful of, early tag locations, tips, options/codes, engines, etc) ratings (collectability, reliability, etc) parts (street prices, etc), reviews, specs. Appendicies in the back for engines and performance. Well done book in a nice simple format.

-Dan

...or is a post in a thread about being off-topic always on-topic by definition?

Dave, a great book to brush up on Mustangdom: Mustang Buyer's Guide 1964 1/2 - 1978 (2003/Brad Bowling). It's $24.95 but Barnes & Nobel has it on clearance right now for $5.98 (it's worth every cent at $24.95).

Where is the clearance price...it shows $22.45 for me. I guess they know I'm a Chevy guy. :hysterical:

Every year/model is separated out, including all Shelbys and each contains a writeup and pix as well as a garage-watch (what to look for/be careful of, early tag locations, tips, options/codes, engines, etc) ratings (collectability, reliability, etc) parts (street prices, etc), reviews, specs. Appendicies in the back for engines and performance. Well done book in a nice simple format.

-Dan

Another good one put out by Brad Bowling is Mustang 1964-2004 2nd addition

Where is the clearance price...it shows $22.45 for me. I guess they know I'm a Chevy guy. :hysterical:

Oh, sorry Dave... should have said... my wife went to the actual store last week -- she said they had bunches of them at the clearance table in automotive. It was $5.98. If all gone, I see Buy.com has it for $14.82 Buy.com books

-Dan

Another good one put out by Brad Bowling is Mustang 1964-2004 2nd addition

Cool.. thanks Shelby... all of Brad Bowling's books seem to be well done

fine example of a thread that's gone off topic.

...or just an "offshoot?" :doh: <lol>

Archived