TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bud, all-Need Help asap on Shelby SuperChsrger install

clawsonbob

My tuner is just about finished Shelby/paxton SC install...says intercooler resevoir mount position prevents re-install of stru tower brace ?

I thought the Strut Brace remained intact with Shelby SC ......apparently coolant tank has different location instructions for 05/06 mustangs.

any knowledge/experienence please call me at 312 416 4097 w or 312 218 3196 c as soon as practical

thanks in advance for any help with this

bob clawson

Bob,

Try PM'n Socal. He has the Paxton. I know with the Whipple the brace doesnt fit but I thought it did with the Paxton. Other option is to call SAI. Explain the problem to the receptionist and ask her to go get John otherwise you will get voicemail and who knows when you will get a call back. he is a busy man. GL :)

My tuner is just about finished Shelby/paxton SC install...says intercooler resevoir mount position prevents re-install of stru tower brace ?

I thought the Strut Brace remained intact with Shelby SC ......apparently coolant tank has different location instructions for 05/06 mustangs.

any knowledge/experienence please call me at 312 416 4097 w or 312 218 3196 c as soon as practical

thanks in advance for any help with this

bob clawson

BOB,

I HAVE A 07 SGT/SC AND THE STRUT BRACE REMAINED IN THE STOCK "SHELBY GT" POSITION

THE COOLANT TANK DOES GET CHANGED AND RELOCATED PAXTON HAS A HAS TECH LINE ALSO THEY CAN BE REACHED AT (888) 9-PAXTON OR (805) 247-0226

BOB,

I HAVE A 07 SGT/SC AND THE STRUT BRACE REMAINED IN THE STOCK "SHELBY GT" POSITION

THE COOLANT TANK DOES GET CHANGED AND RELOCATED PAXTON HAS A HAS TECH LINE ALSO THEY CAN BE REACHED AT (888) 9-PAXTON OR (805) 247-0226

Thanks Guys.....Shelby Parts & Paxton are both on it now.....looks like the resevoir bracket needs to be reworked to accomadate strut brace. (but when installed per Paxton instructions, it don't work).

My shop has modified bracked to drop resevoir lower to allow brace to fit.

thanks again all

By the way, did you do any other mods with SC install ? what kinda results for rwhp /rwtq did you see ?

thanks

My coolant reservoir was relocated to a position next to the passenger side inner fenderwell. It i smounted to a bracket that hangs from the inner two strut bolts. Then the strut brace goes on top of the bracket followed by the nuts.

I made no additional modifications to the engine or exhaust. I did have the car dyno tuned by an authorized Paxton installer. My car makes 441 RWHP and 399 RWTq. 90 degree day and CA 91 octane summer blend.

Can you find out from your installer what the torque setting is for the strut bolts?

Archived