TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Racing Strip Issues on 07 SGT

captrus

This topic is for those who have had the Racing Strip Issue, several have had issues with theirs. If you have not had a strip issue feel free to read but please don't reply. I am trying to gather some info. Number 1 is who all on the forum has a racing strip issue on their 2007 SGT, Next...what steps have they taken to have it corrected? How well is Ford and or SAI dealing with it? So far and even with Buds helpful instructions on the steps to take it still seems like a nightmare in hell as far as anyone getting theirs fixed/replaced.

Thanks,

Rusty

I pointed out the stripes to the dealer parts guy when I had my oil changed for the first time...he didnt seem all that concerned..kinda shrugged it off and mumbled something about contacting Shelby...then disappeared..

I dont think Ford or Shelby really care.........unless of course you have the bucks to fly out to Las Vegas and have them do a Super Snake for ya...

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpg

ms3.jpg

Not sure what can be added. I'm hopeful the process will get worked out. The fact is striping is a pain in the butt and when you do 5500+ cars there are going to be some issues. No real surprise there! Just not fin when you're one of the people with a problem.

In my case I have some bubbles a few small ones and one BIG one. It's not the bubbles or issues that caused me grief but the process. I pointed these out the day I picked up my car back in June. Working with Ford (warranty repair) was one of the worst customer services experiences of my life. I mean REALLY REALLY bad. Multiple pictures and such, just crazy. Well here it is almost a full three months since I began my journey to get these fixed and I still have not received them. The dealer keeps calling Ford and nothing happens though the work has been approved long ago.

Now, having said that...

This is no different, at least in my case, than any other part to be replaced under warranty. I also have a scoop coming and two hood pin sets. These have yet to arrive as well.

It seems to my that the current process is either too complicated or so inefficient that orders like mine sit forever in someone's in box...never reaching the out box.

:(

So again, these are hand applied vinyl stripes and sometimes they don't take well! It happens! More important to me is getting it corrected and that, in my humble opinion, is what's broken.

I'm not even going to try to get em fixed....like Matt said...

Working with Ford (warranty repair) was one of the worst customer services experiences of my life
.... so now...when people admire the car..I just point out the stripes and say...yep this is how Ford sells em

:lol:

hey dread. your spots look like acid rain? not that Ford shouldnt help replace them, but from the picture it doenst look like a problem with them being put on. please understand im not saying its your fault that it has spots in it. Ford should get you another set and have them put on.

i think that what Matt is trying to say. hes not upset with the stripe problem, but the lack of help to get it fixed. im going to PLAY around here and see if i can get some help for MY SGT stripe problem. i would like to know if its FORD, SAI, or the dealer that is dropping the ball.

michael morris

hey dread. your spots look like acid rain? not that Ford shouldnt help replace them, but from the picture it doenst look like a problem with them being put on. please understand im not saying its your fault that it has spots in it. Ford should get you another set and have them put on.

i think that what Matt is trying to say. hes not upset with the stripe problem, but the lack of help to get it fixed. im going to PLAY around here and see if i can get some help for MY SGT stripe problem. i would like to know if its FORD, SAI, or the dealer that is dropping the ball.

michael morris

Trust me, Dreads problem is not acid rain. His spots are just like mine. If you were to take a magnifying glass you can see these birth of these spots happened under the strips. The surface of the vinyl is still slick. It seems the strips were laid over a dirty surface or the vinyl was contaminated before being applied. If Dread and my problem had been acid rain the surface would be damange (or so I am told by a highly respected custom car painter that gets top dollar for his work and has been messing with high end cars for 30 years.) plus the Black paint would have been damaged as well.

Rusty

michael morris

The problem so far as I can tell is the chain of command. IMHO SAI should have Ford issue a TSB, (Technical Service Bulletin) about the strips and what the dealer needs to do to correct it, ie: order the strips from Shelby, etc, etc. It would seem that if that were done alot of BullSh_t would fall by the wayside. Plus SAI needs to get a stock of these strips on hand ready to ship.

Rusty

I TRULY doubt Carroll Shelby and his cherished name sake even knows that many of his 07 Shelby GT's are running around looking like this. I'm thinking about sending him the 250 dollars for the Childrens fun where I in turn get his autograph. What I want autographed is a plain sheet of paper telling him about what is going on and the nighmares people are having. I think the man will step up to to the plate and kick some butt! (Or at least I hope he will...God knows one of the last American Icons I am fond of would not sell out like so many of the others, would he?

Rusty

Plus SAI needs to get a stock of these strips on hand ready to ship.

Rusty,

I will say, from my experience, and what I have seen posted here over the last 10 months. This is not an SAI issue but a Ford issue. If you call Shelby and order the stripes yourself you will get them in a few days. If you try to do a warranty replacement stand by! It took me from June 10th until Aug 9th to get Ford approval. Today , September 12th, I still do not have my stripes. There is some breakdown somewhere and we're left in the middle. I even have the email address for the guy at Ford and I get no answer. My dealer calls and the guy is either out of the office on vacation or in a meeting. As I have said here from day one. It's not what goes wrong but what you do to correct it that makes all the difference. For 41K I could have bought a Lexus again. I tell you these people at Lexus kiss your $@! from day one. Now do I expect that from Ford? No. But I do at least expect a reasonable response to issues and to date Ford has failed me. I was going to buy an Edge for the Winter but now no. I will look elsewhere. Maybe in the big flick Ford could care less but it's some satisfaction for me to buy a Toyota or Nissan rather than the Edge. Small victory for me!

Of course having said that if we had an SGT Product Manager at SAI that could kick some #@! at Ford Racing and resolve these issues (if indeed they are solvable) would be nice!

If Dread and my problem had been acid rain the surface would be damange (or so I am told by a highly respected custom car painter that gets top dollar for his work and has been messing with high end cars for 30 years.) plus the Black paint would have been damaged as well.

Plus the problem seems to be growing in spite of washing and waxing constantly....so I don't think it is anything external....the paint surface is pefect....just the stripes........

this combined with the rippling and uplifting of the scoop...I'm considering having the stripes removed...having a 'shaker hoodscoop put in and just having the stripes painted on...

that'd be different..........

it just looked like acid rain then, wasnt trying to start something. thats just what it looked like in the picture. if its BLEEDING thru Ford should replace them. i dont know why ford takes so long to give a dealer approval. im going to try and get stripes for my black car on the lot tomorrow just to see what kind of run around they try to give me.

i sure hope you get this fixed, to much money to spend on a car and have STICKER issues.

good luck and ill let you know what i come up with

michael morris

Archived