TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Age of Shelby GT owners

jwhite1967

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45 when I purchased my SGT back in February. In March I turned 46!

This was a nice "mid-life crisis" solution!

Not counting the fact that when my wife turned 40, I traded her in for two 20's

Just kidding.

The wife is 33!

All is good in life. A fantastic wife (33), two daughters (6 and 13) and Shelby (07SGT0129)

LOL

;):lol:;)

45 when I purchased my SGT back in February. In March I turned 46!

This was a nice "mid-life crisis" solution!

Not counting the fact that when my wife turned 40, I traded her in for two 20's

Just kidding.

The wife is 33!

All is good in life. A fantastic wife (33), two daughters (6 and 13) and Shelby (07SGT0129)

LOL

;):lol:;)

i told my wife that i was going to trade her for 2 20s, she said i wasnt wired for 220 (electical wiring joke for yall)

michael morris

34 and single...and in $35,000 debt now....there goes my chance to buy a house with a 2 car garage for the next 4 years

edit: hmmm....maybe sell my harley <_<

i dont want to but i hardly ride it anymore...but if i do sell it i might regret it.....decisions decisions.

but at least i dont have any other debts. just the debt on the shelby. ^_^

my dad's first car was a red 64 chevelle SS he got after he graduated from highschool...my highschool graduation vehicle was a handed down grungy 80 chevy pickup but i took good care of it and my uncle had a rebuilt olds motor put in it. but later i had to replace distributer core. ran like a champ again from then on.

Not a SGT owner but I'm 41. First car ride ever was in my dad's silversmoke 1965 Mustang GT fastback. Sold it to his brother and I used to love riding in it when I was a kid.

I am 35 and my father had a 65 fastback as well. Red with black interior that he had until about 4 years before I was old enough to drive. Sold it because the neighbors complained about it sitting on the street all the time. He hardly drove it even though it was in perfect condition....I won't tell you how cheap he sold it. I would love to find that car again and buy it back. I keep telling him I am reclaiming my childhood, the one that was scarred by him getting rid of that car.

:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

36 yrs young,always had cool cars,always will,BTW my father bought a brand new Acapulco blue 69 428 SCJ Mach 1 when he came back from Viet Nam,wishes he still had it,traded it in back in 1971 for a family mobile,hasn't had a real car since,but he can always drive mine!

Age 57 (58 in January 2008). In 1966, at age 16, I had a 1966 Mustang GT Fastback, red in color, with a 4-speed transmission. Stock was 225 hp. Built it to about 300 hp. Wanted a Shelby GT 350 but could not afford it (common lament, I know). At this point in my life, I can afford it. Originally wanted a GT 500 but declined to pay the "over sticker" blackmail. It has turned out that I am a convert to the school of thought that, pound for pound, a Paxton S/C enhanced SGT is the better car. Can't wait to find that out when I have the car in hand. Jim

Our son has been a 1965 Mustang Owner for nearly 1 year, and he drives it everyday to school. We now have deceided to place him in a safer vehicle. We have several Shelby autos in the family, and he treats them with great care and respect. As a result of of his actions, maturity, and achieving numerous (but achieveable) objectives...he will become the primary caretaker of an '07 SGT w/in the next 30 days. The Shelby is in LV now, and waiting to enter the the shop for post-title modification work (20" tires and wheels,etc.). This car will remain titled in Dad's name for now....but when he heads off to college, assuming he continues to honor our agreement...this Shelby will transfer to our son on his 21st birthday...along with the financial responsability that goes with it. Jamie's age today is 16. My best guess is that this will be a true one owner Shelby for 70 plus years!! :)

wow! I love these stories......

Me, 49 when I got my first shelby, I am currenty 51....mid life shelby owner :)

51 and five bypasses, that's why I bought the Shelby, I figured you can't take it with you!

Archived