TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Age of Shelby GT owners

jwhite1967

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 35. I saw my first Shelby 350 when I was 12 years old and always wanted one of my own. Luckily for me I have a friend who manages a ford dealership and called me they got their first one in. It's a wonderful feeling owning one of these cars and watching peoples' heads turn when I drive by.

Turned 58 this year. Iworked as a gopher in a local service garage for a while in1967-68. A guy used to come in for service on his 66GT350H. I used to just drool over that car. I managed to finally buy one a couple of years ago. It was a project car, and I am still working on it. Bought my 07SGT in May .FUN to drive. Now its fun to watch the young guys admire the car when it in for service!

35 here...always been a fan of Mustangs. Never dreamt that I would own one. Especially since I can only drive it about 8 months out of the year because of where I live. Here in a few weeks it will have to be locked up in the shed until spring. Kind of like good farm machinery! Now that I have my Shelby, my kids don't have to worry about fighting over any inheritence $...I'm spending it for them!

38 here. My dad bought a black 64 1/2 Mustang Coupe (289, Auto) when they first came out and he drove it for the rest of his life. When he died, I was too young to be able to keep the car and we had to get rid of it...hurt me bad.

So I've been waiting and waiting for the chance to finally get my own. I was 37 when I picked mine up Feb. 28th...same age my dad was in 1964.

I guess that I turned 35 two weeks after picking up my SGT (last month). Funny, but the last thing that I remember was turning 30 when we were pregnant with our son...

Most would call this car a mid-life-crisis vehicle, but as my first car was a 1982 Mazda Rx-7, and since then I've owned 1989, 1995, 2000 and 2003 Mustang GTs, plus a 1968 Mustang fastback, I say that I just never really grew up!

And yes, the car does make me feel...and act...like I'm half my age. At least my insurance rates are good now...

Thankfully, I'm not in the same group as the "I'm the same age as my CSM number" guys--otherwise I'd be rapidly approaching Roger at the ripe old age of 3012!! :D :P

I'm 38 and was bitten by the Shelby bug 31 years ago when I got to ride in an older cousins '66 gt350. I then had the opportunity to drive a 67GT500 in a parade in my hometown at 16 for a family friend (he knew how I loved Shelbys-he, his wife and son drove their other mustangs-64 1/2 vert, a 70 Boss 302 clone, and a 69 Mach 1)-made it worse. I've always dreamed of owning a Shelby of my own and have come close twice-had the opportunity to buy a 68 GT500 for $12,000 after college-I had an apartment with no garage to keep it in/work on it, a new mustang and it's payment and a lot of student loans-it needed some serious TLC but was a solid car, I just didn't think I could swing it at the time. That's the one I've kicked myself for ever since. The other was a 67 gt350 5 years ago that was a complete wreck and in multiple pieces/boxes/piles-I don't regret passing on that one as the guy who did buy it is still trying to get the thing sorted out to restore it. Along comes the Shelby GT and dream comes true. This is my 3rd mustang/1st Shelby.

Just turned 35. Didin't get any presents from my wife. She said I got my b-day present back in Feb when I got the Shelby GT. I am beginning to think that Christmas will be the same story too. If the trend continues I might have to pick up a blue 2008 to add to the collection. (I'm happy to give up a year of presents for a Shelby!) LOL

Archived