TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Age of Shelby GT owners

jwhite1967

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our son has been a 1965 Mustang Owner for nearly 1 year, and he drives it everyday to school. We now have deceided to place him in a safer vehicle. We have several Shelby autos in the family, and he treats them with great care and respect. As a result of of his actions, maturity, and achieving numerous (but achieveable) objectives...he will become the primary caretaker of an '07 SGT w/in the next 30 days. The Shelby is in LV now, and waiting to enter the the shop for post-title modification work (20" tires and wheels,etc.). This car will remain titled in Dad's name for now....but when he heads off to college, assuming he continues to honor our agreement...this Shelby will transfer to our son on his 21st birthday...along with the financial responsability that goes with it. Jamie's age today is 16. My best guess is that this will be a true one owner Shelby for 70 plus years!! :)

32 years young here. It has always been a dream of mine to own a Mustang and even a bigger dream to own a Shelby.

16 Years later a dream has come true. Now I have my eye out for a 66-68. You always have to dream big.

33 here,second shelby and 42nd. mustang in the past 17 years.

99 years old Jan 19.......still love driven my motorcycles more than cars, but when I git too old for my 6 motorcycles, I'll start putting some real miles on the Shelby GT.

Well, in another 1.5 months I will be on Medicare. I bet not many SGT owners are drawing Social Security and have Medicare. I realize this is nothing to be excited about but the alternative is even less desirable. I blame this Shelby thing on a rich kid in my home town whose dad bought him a brand new 1966 white Shelby. I told myself that someday I would own one of those things – I pick it up tomorrow morning.

Archived