TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID Headlights

pottydr_merged

Ford has added the option of HID lights in the 2008 run of cars. They are not standard but they can be added to a new car order (so my dealership says) -that said, I would think that you could order replacement HID headlights directly from the service department soon if not now. I like the idea of them being OEM parts.

Thanks for the pic. Looks very nice. Did you install the stripes and spoiler yourself? Curious about how these stripes are actually put on.

Yes I installed the stripes myself, bought the stripe kit from SAI, cost was 50.00 wasnt bad installing I used too much soap in the water on the first stripe and it comes in 4 peices, you put the stripe on before you mount it, You also have a lot of time after you put it on to move it around, took about an hour for the stripe and about 30 minutes to get the nerve to drill a hole in the trunk lid

Anybody install HID headlights ?, you like them and where did you get them, this may be next on my pimp list

PottyDr

I like the looks of the spoiler on white ( a lot)..trying to decide if I should drill away.

May I ask where you bought spoiler ( if not sai) & price ?

thanks

Bob

( working up the nerve to DeWalt the after-deck)

My daughter bought it for me for fathers day, so its gonna have to stay

Aww.....kids buy the darndest things!

:rolleyes:

PottyDr

I like the looks of the spoiler on white ( a lot)..trying to decide if I should drill away.

May I ask where you bought spoiler ( if not sai) & price ?

thanks

Bob

( working up the nerve to DeWalt the after-deck)

I REALLY like the Ford V6 spoiler that comes as part of the Pony pkg. It's very low, and doesn't detract from the car's lines. I wish that spoiler had been included and I my just go with it one day if I ever go the spoiler route. I was once a spoiler guy. If you look back in the early days I was REALLY upset with no spoiler and intended to put one on. Since then I've come to love the car as is like the old GT350. I'd be fine with one too but the burning desire to slap one on has diminished over time.

I like that I added this spoiler I think it makes the back of the car stand outpost-3896-1146344175_thumb.jpg

yes i agree it does , i did the same with my Black one!!!!!!!!!! B)

big difference in looks from the back!!!!!!!!!

I like the spoiler but I'm not liking the breaklight cover. Shelby over Shelby?

I agree!!!!!!!! B)

I haven't driven mine at night yet!!! :lol:

Did you know about changing you colors of your dash lights???

Its so cool when driving at night with some of these other colors and even a custom one!!!!!!!!!

Did you know about changing you colors of your dash lights???

Its so cool when driving at night with some of these other colors and even a custom one!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I did know about that...it is cool; I really need to play w/ that a little more!

I REALLY like the Ford V6 spoiler that comes as part of the Pony pkg. It's very low, and doesn't detract from the car's lines. I wish that spoiler had been included and I my just go with it one day if I ever go the spoiler route. I was once a spoiler guy. If you look back in the early days I was REALLY upset with no spoiler and intended to put one on. Since then I've come to love the car as is like the old GT350. I'd be fine with one too but the burning desire to slap one on has diminished over time.

No GT fog lamps, pony center caps, V6 rear spoiler...you really would have people thinking that you had customized a base black Mustang. Not saying that it would look bad, mind you, just confusing to "non-believers".

And yes, I also have come full circle from "why didn't you put the GT-H spoiler on my SGT???" to "thanks for not putting the GT-H spoiler on my SGT!!!"

Archived