TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Think I may be missing stripes

Reino

I recently got my White SGT and was so excited I didnt look over the car like I should have. The other day I noticed I do not have stripes on the front bumper area. The stripes end at the front of the hood. There are many pics on there and all the SGT's seems to have them where I dont.

Does anyone know if this is somthing they changed as mine is a fairly high number (#5172), or is my car just special?

If this was an oversight on everyones part, including myself, anyone know if this is something Shelby will fix?

I can't imagine they changed the striping. I would take it back to your dealer maybe with a picture of a correct car in hand. I am sure SAI or FRPP will send the missing portions. It is very curious though because I believe the over top stripes come on one sheet after being cut. It would seem difficult to leave off the stripes but out of 6000 cars there are going to be oversights.

I recently got my White SGT and was so excited I didnt look over the car like I should have. The other day I noticed I do not have stripes on the front bumper area. The stripes end at the front of the hood. There are many pics on there and all the SGT's seems to have them where I dont.

Does anyone know if this is somthing they changed as mine is a fairly high number (#5172), or is my car just special?

If this was an oversight on everyones part, including myself, anyone know if this is something Shelby will fix?

Another subject Reino. Do you have rivets in your hood scoop?

I would email Bud or Doug and ask directly. The dealerships and SAI don't necessarily talk to each other.

Did you buy your car at delivery to the dealer? In other words did you order it and see the car delivered? I guess a lot of people at SAI could have missed this in a car that is touched by so many, but still seems wacky.

Now what doesn't, more so if this were a low number, would be if the car had sustained some damage while at the dealership where the front fascia had to be repainted or replaced and they hoped you wouldn't know the difference.

:(

Already got an email from Bud at SAI. He is very quick and informative. I have to set up a claim with the dealer and they will be able to get the stripes and put them on, hopefully correctly. Problem solved.

Well, I though - then I read this:

Now what doesn't, more so if this were a low number, would be if the car had sustained some damage while at the dealership where the front fascia had to be repainted or replaced and they hoped you wouldn't know the difference.

:(

I really hope this didnt happen. The car was on the floor. The only thing keeping my sanity right now is the fact I had a copy of the window sticker 2 weeks before the dealer got the car. I had been scouting the 2 dealers (owned by same guy) and finally saw the car. They told me they received the car the day prior to me finally spotting the car. Its believable as I was looking in the windows everynight. I doubt and really hope there wasnt damage.

Well, looks like a few sleepless nights until Ill be back in town on Monday, at which time Ill pay the dealer a visit.

Already got an email from Bud at SAI. He is very quick and informative. I have to set up a claim with the dealer and they will be able to get the stripes and put them on, hopefully correctly. Problem solved.

Well, I though - then I read this:

I really hope this didnt happen. The car was on the floor. The only thing keeping my sanity right now is the fact I had a copy of the window sticker 2 weeks before the dealer got the car. I had been scouting the 2 dealers (owned by same guy) and finally saw the car. They told me they received the car the day prior to me finally spotting the car. Its believable as I was looking in the windows everynight. I doubt and really hope there wasnt damage.

Well, looks like a few sleepless nights until Ill be back in town on Monday, at which time Ill pay the dealer a visit.

I gotta tell ya...I was there when my car was delivered. The driver checks the car with someone from SAI before they take it. There is a check list and such and they do check the stripes. When my car was delivered the driver took it off the truck and with the dealer went over the checklist and little car graphic again. In my case the driver identified two tape bubbles and some small paint imperfections. All I can say is if the check list routine catches a few bubbles, don't cha think, it would have caught the entire stripes missing! This car would have had to pass how many checks? Sat around next to identical cars for how long?

Everyone...think of that and sing..."one of these cars is not like the others, one of these cars doesn't belong"...

Anyway could it happen the way your dealer says? Sure! But you might want to take to a REALLY good body shop and ask if they can see if any work was done to the car.

What's next? Cars without hood scoops!!!!

:unsure:

I gotta tell ya...I was there when my car was delivered. The driver checks the car with someone from SAI before they take it. There is a check list and such and they do check the stripes. When my car was delivered the driver took it off the truck and with the dealer went over the checklist and little car graphic again. In my case the driver identified two tape bubbles and some small paint imperfections. All I can say is if the check list routine catches a few bubbles, don't cha think, it would have caught the entire stripes missing! This car would have had to pass how many checks? Sat around next to identical cars for how long?

Everyone...think of that and sing..."one of these cars is not like the others, one of these cars doesn't belong"...

Anyway could it happen the way your dealer says? Sure! But you might want to take to a REALLY good body shop and ask if they can see if any work was done to the car.

What's next? Cars without hood scoops!!!!

:unsure:

That could be a good thing. :)

You have a different car, Consider leaving it like it came. These are the differences that make yours special. My car came with the S/C but no striping like you see on the S/C'ed cars. I sent for the decal but decided to leave it off. You can also note that in the registry. Just a thought

You have a different car, Consider leaving it like it came. These are the differences that make yours special. My car came with the S/C but no striping like you see on the S/C'ed cars. I sent for the decal but decided to leave it off. You can also note that in the registry. Just a thought

Car's aren't like stamps! The fact your car was delivered in an incorrect configuration is not going to make it any more valuable. This isn't the inverted Jenny!

Car's aren't like stamps! The fact your car was delivered in an incorrect configuration is not going to make it any more valuable. This isn't the inverted Jenny!

Stump., No where in my reply did I claim it would be more valuable.... I said special, you know like you are special....

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you that care. I still have not received my stripes. I called the 800 number today to find out if they were ever ordered. They were ordered over a month ago. They were also ordered again on 3 Oct. The reason, apparently my dealer cant keep track of things and lost them. I will be calling and/or stoping by there about every 3 days from here out until I get them. Dont want another month to go by without them. I appoligize to SAI's Bud and Amy for my unwarranted posts.

I should of assumed it was the dealer all along considering I had to take copies of my wifes college transcript twice for the rebate. They have asked for a thrid copy and I wont give them one without a car cover in exchange.

Again, Thanks to Bud and Amy for the help.

For those of you that care. I still have not received my stripes. I called the 800 number today to find out if they were ever ordered. They were ordered over a month ago. They were also ordered again on 3 Oct. The reason, apparently my dealer cant keep track of things and lost them. I will be calling and/or stoping by there about every 3 days from here out until I get them. Dont want another month to go by without them. I appoligize to SAI's Bud and Amy for my unwarranted posts.

I should of assumed it was the dealer all along considering I had to take copies of my wifes college transcript twice for the rebate. They have asked for a thrid copy and I wont give them one without a car cover in exchange.

Again, Thanks to Bud and Amy for the help.

You have learned that unless you bird dog this stuff yourself NOTHING will happen or it will get messed up. It took from from June to Sep to get my stripes and in EVERY instance it was either the dealer or Ford Racing that dropped the ball.

Just to chime in on the missing stripes,possible body work issue,These cars do get damaged in shipping and left at the dealer,I saw one with roof damage from transport truck,they said they had to send it Back to Shelby for repairs,but who knows that they will not fix it themselves !Please don't ask me for the car #,I can't seem to remember it! :unsure:

I would say yes you are missing the stripes ! I believe your dealer has to order them from Shelby and then put them on. Your car dont look right in the front thats for sure!!!!!!!! :(

Got a call from the dealer today and scheduled to have the stripes put on next week. They will need the car for two days just to put on the front fascia stripes???? Im going to ask why 2 days when I drop it off. I was just happy to hear they are being put on and didnt think to ask. Its taking me a month and a half from the time I noticed the missing stripes to have them installed.

I have done a lot of bitching and moaning about this but I do have to say Bud and Amy have been very helpful and I hope understanding. It was very frustrating for me.

Got a call from the dealer today and scheduled to have the stripes put on next week. They will need the car for two days just to put on the front fascia stripes???? Im going to ask why 2 days when I drop it off. I was just happy to hear they are being put on and didnt think to ask. Its taking me a month and a half from the time I noticed the missing stripes to have them installed.

I have done a lot of bitching and moaning about this but I do have to say Bud and Amy have been very helpful and I hope understanding. It was very frustrating for me.

As a point of reference I had my lower rear (bumper and fascia) stripes done at my local body shop in a day. Dropped off at 8AM picked up at 4PM. No idea why they need two days. It's a two hour job max.

Archived