TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18" Rims w/ big brakes up front

waterguy959

OK sorry to bore everyone with a similar topic but can someone explain why the GT 500 comes with 14" rotors and Brembo's up front all behind an 18" rim.

Why can't we use the 18" Razor and get the same result. Is it that the GT500 wheel has more backspacing or ???

I know you experts out there already have figured this out.

Please spare me from going to the 20's, just don't care to feel every pebble on the road.

Thanks guys.

OK sorry to bore everyone with a similar topic but can someone explain why the GT 500 comes with 14" rotors and Brembo's up front all behind an 18" rim.

Why can't we use the 18" Razor and get the same result. Is it that the GT500 wheel has more backspacing or ???

I know you experts out there already have figured this out.

Please spare me from going to the 20's, just don't care to feel every pebble on the road.

Thanks guys.

I'd say your right , but it is the Bullit 18's that don't work with the 14" Shelby (Baer) Rotors , and Calipers , I guess I could use the 18" Razors if the bought the Brembo Brakes , but I'm afraid it might be the same story with the 14" Shelby (Baer) Rotors , and the Razor 18" wheels ,plus the Brembos are twice as much though I do like-um, so to be safe I just went for the 20"s Razors. Shelby really should put together a little matrix of wheel size &model -vs- brake size& model.

Jezz their suppose to be the experts .

ZDS

And there are 18" Black bullits from American Racing in the Shelby Signature Wheel. Exactly as the factorys but there is a distinct outward bulge in the spokes to clear the brake kits.

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_carroll.asp

I saw this my self , it is not the spoke on the 18" bullits it's the diameter that is too small for the Shelby marked Baer Caliper , you can't get the 18" diameter bullit whell over the caliper................................

Don't know about the 18" Razor ? ............So I got the 20"ers.

ZDS

Archived