TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Wheels on a White SGT?

ilmor

It looks great with black. It's hard to tell but do you have a window tint? If not I'd say that a dark window tint would set the wheels off even more.

No, I do not have any window tint. I still think I like the polished wheels better, but these do look a little more sinister. I think these wheels would look better if the stripes were black, and the scoop were black.

Just a note to those who may not have read the complete post - these are only my winter wheels - I am not changing from the original polished, which I will be reinstalling this weekend!

Very nice! Too bad they did not come in the gunmetal color it would be just perfect for a White car. But that's just my opinion.

Below is a photo of 18'' painted argent aluminum wheels. The wheel color looks similar in color to the tape stripe on the Shelby GT Mustang:

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z210/to...uminumwheel.jpg

http://www.troyfordaccessories.com/product...minumWheel.aspx

No, I do not have any window tint. I still think I like the polished wheels better, but these do look a little more sinister. I think these wheels would look better if the stripes were black, and the scoop were black.

Ditto!

Winter tires? summer tires? Snow?

thats 3 things we dont have in Dixie... come on down YALL we got plenty room

michael morris

well i dont know.....it snows down here in Arkansas too and freezes <_<

do they have all weather tires for the 18" rims? or do i have to get another set of wheels with snow treads?

well i dont know.....it snows down here in Arkansas too and freezes <_<

do they have all weather tires for the 18" rims? or do i have to get another set of wheels with snow treads?

The standard tires on the SGT are "all-weather" tires. A set of "winter tires" will get much better traction in any snow, however.

• 1 month later...

This is going to upset some of you, and probably excite some others. I had to order a set of winter tires / wheels for my SGT. I wanted to get everything from Tire Rack, and I wanted a set of the same silver bullit wheels for my winter set. Well, they ran out of the stock of silver wheels but they had the black wheels. So, I thought, what the heck they are for winter use anyway and in the future maybe I can use them for autocross / racing and being black the car might even look a little more racey and sinister. The wheels / tires arrived today, and I placed them beside the SGT just to get an idea of how they will look. What do you think?? :rolleyes:

IMG_2792.jpg?imgmax=640

Ilmor,

Are those Black wheels the same wheel as on the Black SGT's now? ie: No lip on the edge just a machined flat edge? If so, How much was it per wheel?

Ilmor,

Are those Black wheels the same wheel as on the Black SGT's now? ie: No lip on the edge just a machined flat edge? If so, How much was it per wheel?

Ed, I don't know if they are the same wheel or not. I paid $180 per wheel, not including sensors and straps.

Ed, I don't know if they are the same wheel or not. I paid $180 per wheel, not including sensors and straps.

I took a lookie over at tire rack after posting that from work (Shhhh)and they look identicle. Ford Racing SVT bullits. I was looking for a pair to mount some DR's on for the track.

Thanks ilmor......... :)

Archived