TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Wheels on a White SGT?

ilmor

This is going to upset some of you, and probably excite some others. I had to order a set of winter tires / wheels for my SGT. I wanted to get everything from Tire Rack, and I wanted a set of the same silver bullit wheels for my winter set. Well, they ran out of the stock of silver wheels but they had the black wheels. So, I thought, what the heck they are for winter use anyway and in the future maybe I can use them for autocross / racing and being black the car might even look a little more racey and sinister. The wheels / tires arrived today, and I placed them beside the SGT just to get an idea of how they will look. What do you think?? :rolleyes:

IMG_2792.jpg?imgmax=640

In the old days folks just got rear "snow tires" which were really only good for straight-ahead traction. With winter tires all around, you have not only straight-ahead traction but also much, much better steering, handling and braking in winter weather.

In the old days folks just got rear "snow tires" which were really only good for straight-ahead traction. With winter tires all around, you have not only straight-ahead traction but also much, much better steering, handling and braking in winter weather.

Remember that you have minimal clearance up front. Ya don't want to turn the front facsa into a snow plow. Can't say I'm crazy about driving the GT in the snow.

Remember that you have minimal clearance up front. Ya don't want to turn the front facsa into a snow plow. Can't say I'm crazy about driving the GT in the snow.

I agree 100%. I hope I never have to drive it in the snow, but its possible I may have to and so I need to be prepared.

I agree 100%. I hope I never have to drive it in the snow, but its possible I may have to and so I need to be prepared.

Ilmor-from that angle they looked ok-can you try your experiment again, but take the pics from the side? I think they will look ok, though-my $0.02

Are you kidding me? Black on Black is AWESOME!. If I got new wheels it would be the black 20" razors.

Everybody has their own taste. I was going to buy a black Mustang GT. Then when I found out about the Shelby GTs, that's what I really wanted. But, I can't stand the black wheels (sorry, my opinion) so I decided on the white one. I need more contrast in my life. The only thing worse, in my opinion, is a red car with red wheels. Yuckkkkk.

This is going to upset some of you, and probably excite some others. I had to order a set of winter tires / wheels for my SGT. I wanted to get everything from Tire Rack, and I wanted a set of the same silver bullit wheels for my winter set. Well, they ran out of the stock of silver wheels but they had the black wheels. So, I thought, what the heck they are for winter use anyway and in the future maybe I can use them for autocross / racing and being black the car might even look a little more racey and sinister. The wheels / tires arrived today, and I placed them beside the SGT just to get an idea of how they will look. What do you think?? :rolleyes:

IMG_2792.jpg?imgmax=640

A friend of mine recently said black bullitt wheels should have came on the 2007 Shelby GT Mustang, the black Shelby and the white one.

HEY wait a minute.......Ilmor, I think that is a modification. :P

Your purity badge is revoked.

Yes, you're right - I will be unpure during the winter! :o I don't know how I will live w/ myself!!!

They will probably look better on the white vs. black GT.

What's different about the front tires for winter? Didn't you just need rears?

It's been a while since I lived up north.

I wouldnt drive the SGT in the snow either, but if you do...FRONT SNOWS ARE A MUST......so the front end doesnt push & skid, but rather carve up the the snow without plowing.

Are you kidding me? Black on Black is AWESOME!. If I got new wheels it would be the black 20" razors.

Black & black is awesome......more and more cars are figuring that out. I have been seeing all kinds of great looking cars going with that combo.

White car? I dont live in Florida with Grandma! :huh: (Sorry Matt, sorry Sue)

Hush up Mike. We got enough of them Yankee's down here as it is! :D

Why live in the South, when you can just climb in yur oven & dial er up to 350.....oh, love the south! :lol:

Change of seasons, SNOWFALL, Fall foliage, plenty of Summer, (sorry Webba, not so much summer for you),

cold for Christmas...like its supposed to be.......

Ok, I love the South and all yall Southerners, just having a little fun.

Tired of the same old supercharger yappin! B)

(I am the only one other than my Mom that hasnt bolted South over the years, my whole darn family is in freakin Florida).....sorry again Sue. ;)

I think the black wheels will look great, but I can't picture that beautiful white car in wheather that would require winter tires. :D

I think its cool you plan on driving in the snow! Those black rims on the white looks very tite. You are not afraid to use the car. While there are guys that own these cars and keep them polished, covered, on blocks and in bubbles, they will never know the pleasure of driving thier Shelby for real. I for one salute you .....

I like the gunmetal with the white as it picks up the color of the stripe better (the silvers seem too light...), but that's just me.

And in NC, we don't get snow, we get ice, and the SGT will stay happy and warm in the garage when theres ice around.

Speaking of NC, anyone going to the Food Lion Auto Fair @ Lowe's MotorSpeedway Sept 13-16th?

Archived