TEAM SHELBY FORUM

License plate frames

SGT2666

I know this is kind of a lame question, but I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do about license plate frames. I've been looking at Ford Racing, and Shelby frames, but I tend to like it simple, either a very unobtrusive clean frame, or maybe just a lightly smoked cover. I was wondering what you guys thought ?

AGAIN, as I have said MANY times in the past, this car has ENOUGH branding going on! I bough a simple thin chrome frame that matches the faux gas cap in look. I would have been just as happy with a brushed look to match the stripes but that proved difficult to find. I saw a car at Tasca with the "Shelby" brake light overlay, a Shelby license plate, and a custom plate with some variation of "Shelby", add of course the rear deck lid letters and well...you get the idea. :blink:

AGAIN, as I have said MANY times in the past, this car has ENOUGH branding going on! I bough a simple thin chrome frame that matches the faux gas cap in look. I would have been just as happy with a brushed look to match the stripes but that proved difficult to find. I saw a car at Tasca with the "Shelby" brake light overlay, a Shelby license plate, and a custom plate with some variation of "Shelby", add of course the rear deck lid letters and well...you get the idea. :blink:

Yeah thats pretty much my feeling as well. :D

I bought a black frame with a clear cover from mail order. The frame actually mounts to a backing plate at the corners with four small screws that I also painted black. I should have it on by this weekend and post pictures.

I think, if I had a black car, I would have done that. Mine is white, the better color, anyway, a white bracket would look lame. I think on a black car the chrome, like on my cool white car, would be too much.

So you get a +1 from me!

Even if it is black... <_<

I think, if I had a black car, I would have done that. Mine is white, the better color, anyway, a white bracket would look lame. I think on a black car the chrome, like on my cool white car, would be too much.

So you get a +1 from me!

Even if it is black... <_<

I got a very simple silver frame from www.autoattire.com. They have quite a few to choose from and they offer high quality stainless frames in many finishes. They also include stainless screws that don't rust and nice matching buttons to cover the screws.

As most of you already know I have a very special vanity plate so I wanted a frame that would not take away from the look of the plate or the message.

I found a company in GA on the web that makes an awesome powder coated billet frame.

Put the frame and plate on this evening and it looks really good. Guess I should take some pic's and post em.

Here is the website: www.mgwltd.com/

Check them out.

Maybe im missing the point, but if your wanting a "clean" look, why put a frame on? Why not just attach the plate to the car? Or if you insisting on a plate frame, could I recommend a good ol Washington Redskins frame. Cant go wrong there.

AGAIN, as I have said MANY times in the past, this car has ENOUGH branding going on!

x 11ty billion. I hate having plates on the car as it is without attracting attention to them even more!

Now I do want one for my Honda that says "my other car is a Shelby"

Or maybe I should reconsider and get one for the Shelby that says "my other car is a Honda"?

It would have been nice if Ford had enough forethought to mold a plate holder into the rear fascia so it looks uniform and like it belongs.

And don't get me started on the front - for those of us who are required to have a front plate.

I know this is kind of a lame question, but I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do about license plate frames. I've been looking at Ford Racing, and Shelby frames, but I tend to like it simple, either a very unobtrusive clean frame, or maybe just a lightly smoked cover. I was wondering what you guys thought ?

GET plastic only use 4 screws , if not you will have one heck of a noise back there BEEN THERE DONE THAT :(

GET plastic only use 4 screws , if not you will have one heck of a noise back there BEEN THERE DONE THAT :(

x 11ty billion. I hate having plates on the car as it is without attracting attention to them even more!

Now I do want one for my Honda that says "my other car is a Shelby"

Or maybe I should reconsider and get one for the Shelby that says "my other car is a Honda"?

It would have been nice if Ford had enough forethought to mold a plate holder into the rear fascia so it looks uniform and like it belongs.

And don't get me started on the front - for those of us who are required to have a front plate.

+100000000000000

I put mine on the car today. The frame is actually a black plastic. I thought it was metal. I would have prefered that. I painted the screw with touchup paint and clear. They were polished I believe and I thought that would stick out. When I get the new registration tags, I may paint the screws behind the plate white. I'll have to find the receipt for those interested to know where I purchased it from.

Picture005.jpg

I put mine on the car today. The frame is actually a black plastic. I thought it was metal. I would have prefered that. I painted the screw with touchup paint and clear. They were polished I believe and I thought that would stick out. When I get the new registration tags, I may paint the screws behind the plate white. I'll have to find the receipt for those interested to know where I purchased it from.

Picture005.jpg

Very nice looks great...

And don't get me started on the front - for those of us who are required to have a front plate

It is just so sad that alotta states require Front Tags........and I have ta live in one....NJ

pi** me off...........

It's insane...........

I put mine on the car today

Looks Great....!!!!!

Mine in a thin black frame with a clear cover.

Looks good

Archived