TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction Control, On or Off

SGT ShuttleGuy

While pulling out from my street today I felt the urge to be generous on the throttle going into second gear only to have my tire chirp abbreviated by the traction control. Who makes it a habit of turning this off? I can see the benefit in wet weather but beyond that it's sort of an anoyance when you are wanting to intentionally "leave skid marks". Also, does it hurt if it is switched On/Off while moving or do you need to be stopped for fear of computing the confuser, er... uh confusing the computer?

While pulling out from my street today I felt the urge to be generous on the throttle going into second gear only to have my tire chirp abbreviated by the traction control. Who makes it a habit of turning this off? I can see the benefit in wet weather but beyond that it's sort of an anoyance when you are wanting to intentionally "leave skid marks". Also, does it hurt if it is switched On/Off while moving or do you need to be stopped for fear of computing the confuser, er... uh confusing the computer?

Put a post it on the center of your steering wheel that says "turn off T/C". After about a week or two it will become habit.

Works with seat belts too.

Put a post it on the center of your steering wheel that says "turn off T/C". After about a week or two it will become habit.

Works with seat belts too.

I like the post-it idea as a reminder.

But, I worry it might leave residue on my steering wheel invalidating my warranty or cause warpage ultimately requiring some sort of rivet fix. ;)

I had TC on my 03 Mustang and got into the habit of turning it off when I started up my car. The habit has carried over to the shelby as well. I hear that you can use certain types of tuners that will turn this off for you if you program it to. I personally never use it, we only get rain about 4 times a year here in Yuma, AZ and when it rains I drive my truck.

I had TC on my 03 Mustang and got into the habit of turning it off when I started up my car. The habit has carried over to the shelby as well. I hear that you can use certain types of tuners that will turn this off for you if you program it to. I personally never use it, we only get rain about 4 times a year here in Yuma, AZ and when it rains I drive my truck.

The first button i hit is the TC before i hit the Cd player button................ :)

This is funny i have never driven mine with it off and it still gets rubber, sometimes alot especially on new pvement, guess what i am doing tomorrow?, I love this forum, hehe...I have had TC flash going over bridge ex[ansions etc when eeerrrr accelerating, yes thats it. Seattle rain-I'll take it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived