TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Correct The Shelby Web Sight and Catalog

zdle

Just got a call from Jason Cenora at Hillbank Motors they are doing the replacement of my front facia, I also ordered the Shelby 14" Baer Front /Rear Brakes (Part # BBS-4261111) but he says they won't fit in the 18" wheels that came with the SGT . The web sight , and the catalog says these need an 18" wheel , not a 20" .

So I had to for go the brakes , Can't realy buy the 20" Razors , and tires right now .

Does any one know why they claim the 14" disc brake will work with the 18's , when they clearly won't . This has waisted my time , and some one needs to correct the documentation on the web sight , and catalog.

My concern is that it has been left un - said intentionaly because to upgade to the nice Shelby 14" Rotors and Calipers actually costs 4000 dollars ...............not 1300 for the fronts , and 650 for the rear......................so they let you find out after you already ordered , and then call back and order the Razor 20"ers , and tires "2000$" cha ching!

Correct the web sight and catalog to read :

" THESE 14" ROTORS AND CALIPERS DO NOT FIT INTO THE 18" WHEELS THAT COME ON THE SGT"

not fits 18" wheels except some bla bla bla .....................the product is aimed at the 6000 SGT's that need better brakes any way .................be honest please .....................it saves time for everyone.

ZDS

ZDS, sorry you went through that. I think someone posted within the last 2 weeks that that was an oversight on SPP's website.

It has been known for many months that the 20" wheels were needed for the brake package. I think the SPP people must have missed it.

I would offer, yes SPP is responsible for whatever it advertises but I think the confusion comes from Baer. When I was preparing the modification order for my car the 20" wheels for the brakes was some thing I didn't want to do. If you check out the Baer site you can find their GT brake package and the description used to read exactly as the old Shelby Parts page. The final line was minimum 18" wheel required check fitment. So perhaps there is an 18" wheel out there that will fit but it is not any of the ones with "Shelby" on the wheel.

I would offer, yes SPP is responsible for whatever it advertises but I think the confusion comes from Baer. When I was preparing the modification order for my car the 20" wheels for the brakes was some thing I didn't want to do. If you check out the Baer site you can find their GT brake package and the description used to read exactly as the old Shelby Parts page. The final line was minimum 18" wheel required check fitment. So perhaps there is an 18" wheel out there that will fit but it is not any of the ones with "Shelby" on the wheel.

Yes , So Cal ,,, I read the same data on the Baer web sight they did use the same description, But I feel that the SSP people should be expert on these parts , they must have known about this , and to not state the actual dimensional requirements , or to define them incorrectly is incompetent, if down right deceptive , and could be dangerous. AND to not correct it immediately says they are not paying attention.

Oh ya , Jason Senora , who realy is an expert on Mustangs also brought this to their attention , and so far he has not gotten an answere.

It also seems they have not parts actually on the shelf there because it's taken weeks to get a new grille for my car , now you'd think since their the only ones using this grille and the are making thousands of these cars they could come up with a replacement grille in a day or two..............I have to tell you when I was in the Hillbank Motors shop I noticed shelves of parts for the Superformance Cobras and I dare say they dont deliver thousands of cars , but I can tell you they do take care of their customers.

Wake up SSP !

ZDS

Archived