TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My kind of dealer demo!

shelbydream1

Dream,

Matt and I posted on this car in the Shelby's for sale thread. It was just a matter of time before dealers jumped on the SC mod band wagon. It is an alternative to waiting. That is if you don't mind that it was not done at SAI.

Best to check the Ford Racing site...Most if not all of Ford Racing parts come with no warranty...and state that it may void your manufacturers warranty--Ford changed their tune a ways back for their new Mustang Packs...Handling Pack, Power Pack etc and stated if they were installed by an authorized Ford dealer then they would be covered by your original car warranty and the part would not effect your engine warranty.

I can't recall if they applied that to the blowers--I do know that the Upgraded higher boost Whipple Blower sold by Ford Racing for aftermarket install on the GT500's clearly states that installing it will void your engine warranty)...as to the lower psi blowers they might warranty those as Roush worked a deal with Ford to have aftermarket purchase of the Roush blower (again by authorized Ford dealers) covered by full warranties with no effect on your Ford engine warranty.

From the Ford Racing Web Site

The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of vehicle delivery

A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

Archived