TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone gone to JAIL over their Shelby..?

azquadz

I almost did. I was so angery I jumped out of my car and went after the guy at the stop light.

This guy pulls up next to me on a nice looking V-Rod all tricked out and motions for me to roll down the window. So I do. He then says, Nice ride man." I say thanks and I think that's the end of the conversation. WRONG!! He pulls his bike in front of my car at the light and begins to do a burnout less than 4 feet in front of the Shelby. It was 116 today here in southern Arizona so needless to say, all that hot rubber from his tire and the hot tar from the road was easily transfered to the Shelby from the front to the back. Unbelievable!!! When the light turned green I chased him to the next light, jumped out and was going to comense and 'ol fashion stomping. Lucky for him I didn't see the police car parked on the other side of the road. After a long and harsh leture from Johnny law I was told to go home or go to jail. :angry:

I almost did. I was so angery I jumped out of my car and went after the guy at the stop light.

This guy pulls up next to me on a nice looking V-Rod all tricked out and motions for me to roll down the window. So I do. He then says, Nice ride man." I say thanks and I think that's the end of the conversation. WRONG!! He pulls his bike in front of my car at the light and begins to do a burnout less than 4 feet in front of the Shelby. It was 116 today here in southern Arizona so needless to say, all that hot rubber from his tire and the hot tar from the road was easily transfered to the Shelby from the front to the back. Unbelievable!!! When the light turned green I chased him to the next light, jumped out and was going to comense and 'ol fashion stomping. Lucky for him I didn't see the police car parked on the other side of the road. After a long and harsh leture from Johnny law I was told to go home or go to jail. :angry:

It could have been worse-you could have had a white car ;)

for what it's worth, I'd have been pissed also

Was the guy's name DICK?

I just hope somewheres down the road that a**hole gets what he deserves............

if ya git what I'm thinkin........

That guy definately needed a fist in his face. People are just jealous. They need to go out and work for it like we have. I probaly would have gone on and kicked his butt with the temper that I have. And would have happily gone to jail, it would not be the first time, in jail that is, but not for road rage!

Further proof that the rubs have won the Harley world. What a loser.

• 3 weeks later...

what u should have done was got the Plate# off the bike and called the police later and tell them what happened and if they want evidence they can come look at ur car and then they would taken care of the biker guy... that guy was an asteroid orafice of the first order. and so was the cop. pigs lol

they are never around when u need them and when they ARE around its always you lookin like "public enemy #1" and everyone else lookin like "tinkerbell duddly do rights"

almost got hit today ,,,some BI--- ran a stop sign,,, after I got out I told her the car cost more then her house :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's our Anniversary, the wife and I, so we go out to brunch and cruise around afterwards in the "Black Beauty." With her new window tint and extra goodies gleaming in the warm Arizona sun this baby was just aching to stretch her legs.

Now flash forward to the end of the day- here it comes, my opportunity to open Blackie up and let her run as Shelby always intended. I look carefully and see no LAW enforcement, the on ramp to the freeway is long and straight with only two cars in front of me, all of which I have been patiently following for a few miles. I get the green light and stomp on the gas pulling tire smoke in 2nd with a chirp in 3rd, all of this with the TCS turned on.

I pass up this guy in a newer Dodge SUV and guess what??? Now of course when I go screaming by him I am probably going faster than I should be then pass the next car like they were standing still and then stomp on the binders to bring Blackie back into AZ compliance.

So there I am going the speed limit and look in the rear view and I see the same guy coming up on me like a bat out of hell. Thinking he just wants to either play or gawk I look over and see that he is really pissed off and is on the phone like he is calling me in for a citizens arrest. Then he comes up on the right side of the car and then I see IT. His shoulder patch reading SHERIFF! I just about crapped my pants and immediately pulled over off the freeway to show this officer some respect and sure enough he was on the phone with the Highway Patrol. So I exited the car with haste to get back to talk to him, he was in my age range and the first thing I said was "Man I am Sorry." After a receiving the verbal beating I deserved he told me to BE CAREFUL.

He was an affable man just like my dad when he wore the badge.

Although I did not go to jail I sure thought I was in for a very ugly Saturday afternoon and evening with many dollars in fines escaping my bank account.

PS-when he realized it was a Shelby he said "Well No Wonder."

Archived