TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I AM BACK

clink_merged

Hello everyone,

I used to be able to log on and participate, for months I tried to log onto this Forum with no luck. I e-mailed for help and finally gave up.

I had trouble getting onto the internet this morning and called our local cable company for help.

I'm on, I did my everyday ritual of checking the status of the car and went promptly to the forum and logged in and guess what after all of these long months of not being able to log on I DID IT, I'M ON. Sooo it has been months of getting onto the site and being able to read everyone’s words of wisdom without responding.

So much has happened since our SHELBY GT arrived at Shelby on 4/16. It is still in LV waiting for mods. We have been very patient.

I even went out and rented a Hertz GT and raced it at our local 1/8th mile drag strip.

I met another gentleman from Hemet named Soco that brought his SHELBY GT, We parked the cars side by side before the race started and both got a lot of attention. Soco video taped me racing. We hung out most of the day. What a blast I had. I beat him the two times we lined up together. I had rice burners coming up to me wanting to race. I promptly snuffed them out. Got 15 runs in for the day.

These cars are impressive. Not only hot looking but fast as well.

I've made 5 payment so far and Insurance payments to boot. I e-mailed John and nicely but firmly asked what was up. After he has been my sole correspondent for months he promptly shipped me over to Bud. Bud e-mailed me back on 8/14 saying it will be 4 to 5 weeks until the car goes into the mod shop.

Enroute 3/23 Arrived at Shelby 4/16

It's funny how this all works, Early on you wonder why people get anxious, upset, where’s my car attitude. Now I know......I was just waiting like everyone else, patient, easy going, it will get here, I'm O.K. with waiting. Now I'm thinking Summer is almost gone, Car show dates are slipping by kind of like standing by a

train as it passes.

I started a project car I bought on E-BAy just to pass the time. I bought a 65 Chevy Nova (no Rust), It’s a lot of work but keeps me occupied for now. It is in the paint shop right now. I'm reupholstering it as well. The local Barona Drag Strip owner Rick Reynolds is building me a 350 small block for it. Should be a fun car when it's completed. It's a race on which car will be completed first. I have always been a Chevy Guy my whole life but my wife has always been a ford Mustang girl, She rules......

Well enough for now, You guys probably quit reading after the first paragraph. Soco, There are a bunch of races scheduled for Barona in Sept. Check it out. maybe I will see you down there.

Later,

Clink

David Clinkscales

Poway, CA

David,

Welcome back. This story sounds so familiar!!! I remember reading about your car on Stangsunleashed, if I remember correctly you ordered the car for your wife. I too, have been an avid GM guy all my life. I wanted my wife to get the Corvette ZO7. But she would have none of this she said, "I'm not driving a Corvette." So we started shopping. Refused to pay ADM's on the GT500, heard about the ShelbyGT and she had to have it!!!!!! Of course I had to take over ordering of options, this was supposed to be her daily driver. YA RIGHT :lol: Our car was finally delivered on July 21st. We ordered car on Nov. 17th, 2006. We too made 7 car payments and payed insurance as well. All I can say is the car is truly worth the wait, to get the car the way you want it.

A GM guy gone Ford, who really loves the car. Did I really say that? LMAO

Good Luck, keep us posted

Dave

As Dave C mentioned, the agony of waiting and not knowing the completion date will be worth it. When you see that car being taken off the truck, it will be a huge weight off your shoulders. Even knowing it is on the delivery truck will be a huge help.

Sorry I got put ahead of you. My car was representative of the whole Tasca announcement so they needed to put it in the shop to make it for the big day.

Glad your back clinc--keep us all posted on the nova and Shelby-post pics when they're both done. My best friend in high school had a pearl white 65 nova with ghost flames-we had a blast in that car-hope you enjoy your as much. I'm having a blast in my Shelby and I know you will to.

As Dave C mentioned, the agony of waiting and not knowing the completion date will be worth it. When you see that car being taken off the truck, it will be a huge weight off your shoulders. Even knowing it is on the delivery truck will be a huge help.

Sorry I got put ahead of you. My car was representative of the whole Tasca announcement so they needed to put it in the shop to make it for the big day.

Hi,

I was going to have the car shipped to San Diego, Changed my mind though. It's got to be quicker to Pick it up.

My wife and I will do the tour at that time. I bought a car trailer for the Pick up. I dressed it up with diamond plate on top of the floor boards and built a diamond plate shroud that wraps around the front, I told you I'm keeping myself busy. I want to bring her home in style.

Clink :)

Archived