TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brush Aluminum or Black lower Grille?

AFBLUE

I'm sending my car to the mod shop for the lower grille and fog lights. Just curious what you all think would look better.

Pros of the aluminum color is that it matches the upper grille.

Pros of the black color is that it blends in with the rest of the lower grille.

A crappy photedit for the black one. (don't have the good photoediting software on this computer so I had to use MS Paint)

attachment.php?attachmentid=32495&d=1188654683

I'm sending my car to the mod shop for the lower grille and fog lights. Just curious what you all think would look better.

The lower grille like in the picture in signature below or a black one like adam has.

I VOTE ALUMINUM :)

Mark,

We also thought about the black, upper and lower, but decided to go with aluminum for two reasons. First we wanted to keep the aluminum to dress up the front end and second we were worried about rock chips on black. Then you would have the aluminum showing through. I assuming the lower fascia/grill is going to be black? It would be cool if Shelby was going to paint it blue, but it will probably have that area black, like the white cars. My vote is for all aluminum.post-2905-1145889860_thumb.jpg

Dave

Mark, try and photo shop this front end to blue and see what it looks like.

A crappy photedit for the black one. (don't have the good photoediting software on this computer so I had to use MS Paint)

attachment.php?attachmentid=32495&d=1188654683

doesn't the lower black insert have to be on the cs6 front fascia?

You know something, looking at the pics, each one looks good on the car they are on. The black with the CS grille and the Aluminum with the matching grille. I just like continuity.

Here's my $0.02

I'm with Roger on this, I think the black lower looks best with the black Shelby upper and aluminum lower with the stock aluminum SGT grille. IMO, the black looks much better on the black car than on the blue. I think the aluminum looks really good in the blue car.

Ultimately, I say do whichever one you think looks better-it's your car and I really don't think you'd go terribly wrong either way.

Here's my $0.02

I'm with Roger on this, I think the black lower looks best with the black Shelby upper and aluminum lower with the stock aluminum SGT grille. IMO, the black looks much better on the black car than on the blue. I think the aluminum looks really good in the blue car.

Ultimately, I say do whichever one you think looks better-it's your car and I really don't think you'd go terribly wrong either way.

+1

I too agree with dream and Roger. Silver with blue car.

I like the black or silver equally with the black car (but not mixed). I went with the upper CS grille because I liked it all along, I liked rivet theme and I didn't want the Mustang GT grille showing behind the chrome SGT grille (or the black SGT grille).

AFB, see if you can play with the graphics to put the CS grille on your blue car to see what it looks like. I posted more pics of my car on my picasa link (including some with the lights on). It would be interesting to see what it looks like.

Adam, my photoshoping abilities are next to nil with this computer. I prefer the stock grille over the one you have so my only debate was over the black or metal colored lower billet grille.

After the discussions here, I'm going to stick with the metal colored lower grille

Adam, my photoshoping abilities are next to nil with this computer. I prefer the stock grille over the one you have so my only debate was over the black or metal colored lower billet grille.

After the discussions here, I'm going to stick with the metal colored lower grille

Great choice!

I have been planning on installing the Aluminum Lower Grille on my white 07SGT. I have been unable to find any info on wether or not you have to install the driving lights. Anyone on here know anything about that. I really dont want to install the driving lights but do want the lower alum. grille.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Chuck

I have been planning on installing the Aluminum Lower Grille on my white 07SGT. I have been unable to find any info on wether or not you have to install the driving lights. Anyone on here know anything about that. I really dont want to install the driving lights but do want the lower alum. grille.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Chuck

The grill is a separate item. You don't have to get anything else to install it.

I just received my lower grill last night and can't wait to install it this weekend. It doesnt seem to be that difficult. Looks like two pop rivits and your done. Has anyone else self installed the lower grill? Just wondering if it was as easy as I think it will be.

Yup. Super easy. Just use 4 pop rivets instead of two and it snugs in nicely.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1062&hl=

I just received my lower grill last night and can't wait to install it this weekend. It doesnt seem to be that difficult. Looks like two pop rivits and your done. Has anyone else self installed the lower grill? Just wondering if it was as easy as I think it will be.

mine came with only two holes drilled. I drilled two top holes and opted using brass screws to make it removeable. Nothing real fun about getting under the spoiler, but with some patience, it was all quite easy.

Perhaps better comparisson photos:

Precious084.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

I am actually a bit partial to the black. I think the polished detracts from the styling of the upper grill which is a key styling design of the shelby GT. I will probably change mine to black after I finsh my current projects.

in ref to the top picture do u have part # for the lower grill, and lights ?? or a web site thks stg

Archived