TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Late news of trophy from Tasca.....

mywickedshelby

Got out of work early today.....3:30 instead of usual 5.....kickin back on the couch, when the door bell rings...

it was my UPS man......package from Tasca?

Looked like a shirt box as I preceeded to open it, but what did my eyes see....A TROPHY FROM TASCA DAY.

Thats right. Second Place in Category F, "Shelby 2007 & Up"

I figured I had no chance to win amongst all the incredible cars (oh yeah, I have one too!)

On the entry card under special features, due to the fact that my car is bone stock, I wrote: "vacation shelby loaded with luggage and ready for a road trip" .....and literally the backseat & trunk were packed to the gills from 9 days on the Cape. B)

I cant beleive it. I never expected to win anything. In fact, I left the hood down because I figured with no s/c to wow them, the beautiful profile on the front of the car (lowered) would be the "stand out" amongst the literally dozens of GT500's of every kind & color. :huh:

Maybe getting there at 7:30 got me the early vote becuase I was literally the first black SGT on the scene. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I going to stop making excuses for winning. I am so excited. This is the iciing on the cake after getting Mr.Shelby's signature and meeting so many of the forums people that day.

I guess asking the front desk at the hotel the night before to rustle up a hose paid off, witch was happily provided by a mustang crazy maintenance man, so I could wash the car while the last 30 minutes of daylight slipped away. ;)

That makes 2 second place winners in Roger's driveway. (the yellow vintage shelby won second place also):)

Got out of work early today.....3:30 instead of usual 5.....kickin back on the couch, when the door bell rings...

it was my UPS man......package from Tasca?

Looked like a shirt box as I preceeded to open it, but what did my eyes see....A TROPHY FROM TASCA DAY.

Thats right. Second Place in Category F, "Shelby 2007 & Up"

I figured I had no chance to win amongst all the incredible cars (oh yeah, I have one too!)

On the entry card under special features, due to the fact that my car is bone stock, I wrote: "vacation shelby loaded with luggage and ready for a road trip" .....and literally the backseat & trunk were packed to the gills from 9 days on the Cape. B)

I cant beleive it. I never expected to win anything. In fact, I left the hood down because I figured with no s/c to wow them, the beautiful profile on the front of the car (lowered) would be the "stand out" amongst the literally dozens of GT500's of every kind & color. :huh:

Maybe getting there at 7:30 got me the early vote becuase I was literally the first black SGT on the scene. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I going to stop making excuses for winning. I am so excited. This is the iciing on the cake after getting Mr.Shelby's signature and meeting so many of the forums people that day.

I guess asking the front desk at the hotel the night before to rustle up a hose paid off, witch was happily provided by a mustang crazy maintenance man, so I could wash the car while the last 30 minutes of daylight slipped away. ;)

That makes 2 second place winners in Roger's driveway. (the yellow vintage shelby won second place also):)

Michael,

Congrats on the trophy. Put a new clutch in the GT 68 500. Lime Rock is back on the calendar. Should be there around 9:00AM. The 07 SGT is out of the Mod shop and being restriped "Shelby GT/SC" and hopefully shipping next week. Attached is a photobucket link of a picture of the 68 on the track at Lime Rock last year. Rick

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee101/C...=may2007129.jpg

Michael,

Congrats on the trophy. Put a new clutch in the GT 68 500. Lime Rock is back on the calendar. Should be there around 9:00AM. The 07 SGT is out of the Mod shop and being restriped "Shelby GT/SC" and hopefully shipping next week. Attached is a photobucket link of a picture of the 68 on the track at Lime Rock last year. Rick

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee101/C...=may2007129.jpg

Great news Rick. Not going to be able to make it this weekend :( Also good to hear that my car is going to be one car closer to entering the Mod Shop! :) Post up some pics when you get that bad boy!

LOL Stump, some of us left early due to the heat and went to Rogers house early for the bbq.

Congards Michael! That is awesome! I wondered what cars won what and I am oging to try and get ahold of Tasca and get a list this week. My son and I actually filled out all divisions and turned the card in so he and I wanted to know who got what.

Rick and those headed to Limerock have a great time and be careful. I cant wait to see the pics!

Michael,

Congrats on the trophy!!! I'm assuming your luggage must of complimented your interior :lol: . That was the "official" ShelbyGT brand luggage that you used. Perhaps a pic of your trophy and your winning luggage would be in order! Don't forget to post in the trophy count.

Congrats again, one of many more to come!

Sherri

Matching Shelby luggage hmmmmmm. Good idea.

Archived