TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VACCUM LINE ON SC

SHELBY1389

A VACCUM LINE WHICH GOES TO INTAKE & TO BELOW BRAKE FLUID RESEVOIR THEN T'S OFF INTO ANOTHER LINE ,WHICH HAS TWO T'S ,ONE GOES TO THE BOOST GAUGE & ONE GOES TO THE BYPASS VALVE AT THE BOTTOM OF SC. MY PROBLEM IS THIS LINE WAS LEFT PARTIALLY OPEN AFTER T THAT GOES TO BYPASS VALVE & WAS SUCKING AIR. AFTER PLUGING OFF END OF LINE BOOST IS GOING TO 8. IF SOMEONE WITH SC COULD LOOK AT THIER SETUP & SEE IF LINE IS SUPPOSE TO CLOSE OFF OR DOES IT GO SOME WHERE ELSE SURE WOULD BE A BIG HELP.

Robert,

Look again at the two "T"'s. One of them should be opened--meaning there is nothing there. That is where the plasctic tube needs to go back into. The main line with the 2 "T"s comes off of the fuel pressure sensor--located on the drivers side, near the front of the manifold. It is possible with high pressure this line may have popped off. When you find the opening, use just a "touch" of super glue near the end of the tube and push it back into the "T". This is the only place that the plastic tube goes into. Now, if the pastic tube was connected and goes to the "T", look at the end of the black tubing, that tube hooks onto the fuel pressure sensor. That part is located at the left front of the manifold. You will see a billett riser with the sensor on top. After relooking at the diagram you sent me, it looks like the tube popped off the sensor itself. I am still trying to get a picture of the set up for you. I hope to have one today.

Bud

Robert,

Look again at the two "T"'s. One of them should be opened--meaning there is nothing there. That is where the plasctic tube needs to go back into. The main line with the 2 "T"s comes off of the fuel pressure sensor--located on the drivers side, near the front of the manifold. It is possible with high pressure this line may have popped off. When you find the opening, use just a "touch" of super glue near the end of the tube and push it back into the "T". This is the only place that the plastic tube goes into. Now, if the pastic tube was connected and goes to the "T", look at the end of the black tubing, that tube hooks onto the fuel pressure sensor. That part is located at the left front of the manifold. You will see a billett riser with the sensor on top. After relooking at the diagram you sent me, it looks like the tube popped off the sensor itself. I am still trying to get a picture of the set up for you. I hope to have one today.

Bud

BUD I SEE THE BILLET RISER WITH THE SENSOR ON TOP. CONNECTED TO SENSOR IS AUTO METER PART NO.45900023-12. BOTH T'S ARE CONNECTED . DONT SEE ANY WHERE FOR END OF LINE TO CONNECT.

BUD I SEE THE BILLET RISER WITH THE SENSOR ON TOP. CONNECTED TO SENSOR IS AUTO METER PART NO.45900023-12. BOTH T'S ARE CONNECTED . DONT SEE ANY WHERE FOR END OF LINE TO CONNECT.

ALSO THE SENSOR ON TOP OF BILLET RISER ONLY HAS TWO OUTLETS. ONE IS PLUGGED OFF AND ONE HAS AUTOMETER PART ATTACHED.

Archived