TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Inflator Kit

jwhite1967

Has anybody had to use this yet? How was your experience? I noticed that Tire Rack has this same kit available on their website. It is the Conticomfortkit. Cost is $75.00 plus shipping and you can buy the replacement sealant including new hose for $25.00 plus shipping. They also are selling the 235/50 BF Goodrich for $100 plus shipping.

Has anybody had to use this yet? How was your experience? I noticed that Tire Rack has this same kit available on their website. It is the Conticomfortkit. Cost is $75.00 plus shipping and you can buy the replacement sealant including new hose for $25.00 plus shipping. They also are selling the 235/50 BF Goodrich for $100 plus shipping.

Blue Oval Industries has the kit for $209. It is for both the Shelby GT and the GT500.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013123

So I guess that's $75 for the tire inflator and $134 for the styrofoam holder. Don't you just love it!

I bought a spare tire for my SGT 'cause I think using this kit will mess up the wheel and the tire sensor.

This is probably a stupid question but what happened to the spare tire and jack from the Mustang GT? I assume they came from Michigan with at least a “donut” tire. I guess that is the least of my worries since I do not have a car yet anyway.

I havent used the 'inflator'..........

I assume they came from Michigan with at least a “donut” tire

I can understand why they don't put a donut in there...I dont think the car would be drivable with one a those.......

:D

if anything happens...I'll just call roadside assistance.......... :lol::lol:

I havent used the 'inflator'..........

I can understand why they don't put a donut in there...I dont think the car would be drivable with one a those.......

:D

if anything happens...I'll just call roadside assistance.......... :lol::lol:

Since I cannot recall the last time I had a flat on one of my cars or trucks I guess it is no big deal. Yup, I can always call roadside assistance. I just want to drive one of these cars. Hard to believe anyone would order a car he has never seen or even sat in.

I talk to a goodyear store ,I bought a plug kit $8.00 I have a small air pump, I think that is the bast way to go, if the sealant is used, BACK to FORD the sending unit in the tire has to be replaced ONLY AT FORD !!! ;(

stg, I think that any reputable tire shop can replace the sending units. As an example, I just ordered a set of winter wheels/tires from Tire Rack with the sensors installed.

stg, I think that any reputable tire shop can replace the sending units. As an example, I just ordered a set of winter wheels/tires from Tire Rack with the sensors installed.

I'll check that out thks

I'll check that out thks

what size tires and wheels thks can u give me the info from your order

• 2 weeks later...

i've gotten flats on my toyota tundra...but it was easy to change to spare... Ford told me that the doughnut spare would mess up the rear end...but i told them what if i just get a full size spare...and they said it wouldnt fit in the trunk... does road side service help u in the middle of the night? i work 3rd shift ...i hate to get a flat on the way to work....thats happened to me once in my truck....but i changed the tire myself in 30 mintues. i guess the tire goo kit will work but will it hold up till i get to ford after i get off work?

i may just get me a full size spare and just keep it at the house and keep a little screw jack in the trunk and if i get a flat i'll just call my dad and tell him, "bring my spare. i got a fu@#ing flat."....JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER TO HAVE MY CELL PHONE WITH ME <_<

i've gotten flats on my toyota tundra...but it was easy to change to spare... Ford told me that the doughnut spare would mess up the rear end...but i told them what if i just get a full size spare...and they said it wouldnt fit in the trunk... does road side service help u in the middle of the night? i work 3rd shift ...i hate to get a flat on the way to work....thats happened to me once in my truck....but i changed the tire myself in 30 mintues. i guess the tire goo kit will work but will it hold up till i get to ford after i get off work?

i may just get me a full size spare and just keep it at the house and keep a little screw jack in the trunk and if i get a flat i'll just call my dad and tell him, "bring my spare. i got a fu@#ing flat."....JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER TO HAVE MY CELL PHONE WITH ME <_<

I WONDER WHY FORD TOLD YOU THAT I LOOKED IN THE 2006 HERTZ TRUNK ,IT HAS THE DONUT FOR A SPARE

I can't think of why the donut would mess up the rear end. If that is true due to the smaller diameter of the donut on one side and the regular tire on the other side...then guess what, EVERY car produced that carried a donut spare is at risk, THEY ARE ALL SMALLER.

I actually had my dealer take the donut spare and jack from a 07 GT and we actually took the left rear off my SGT, mounted the donut in it's place and I slowly drove the car around the lot. It worked fine. IMHO SAI removed the regular spare to lighten the car for racing. Plus a race car does not look kewl lugging around a spare. Truth is the rear ends of the SGT is so light all you are going to do at the tree is spin. I have a 60 pound floor jack I put in the rear of my SGT. When the light turns to drop the clutch color my car will now hook up and launch...otherwise it's a joke off the line. Sometimes old school tricks are better than no tricks at all.....next on mine will be a line lock. If you don't know what a line lock is don't ask, just stick to riding around town and bark your tires away in 1st. and 2nd. and the little twirp you'll sometimes get in third. B)

Anyway...back to the spare tire deal, the sissor jack that comes with the 06-07 GT will fit under the SGT but barely. Carry a small garden digging shovel and be ready to dig out to get it under. Remember, SAI dropped this car 1.5 inches from the stock GT. Having said that if you go this route be sure to get the car in the grass or a soft spot before attempting to change the flat. You'll play hell tring to dig up payment to get the jack under the car.

Rusty

I bought a little pump, plugs in ,and a plug kit ,,,,, works for me !!

hmmm i also wonder why they told me the little donut will mees up rear end.... <_<

i guess so they can charge me oodles for a new sensor if i use the slime kit? probably :rolleyes:

yea another thing about using a jack...i'm gonna need to find one that will slide under that SGT. screw jacks are a lil too tall. and there's not much grass areas where i go to work...its nearly all concrete...so it will be hard to dig out a trench in the concrete to roll a jack under. at least the rear wont be a problem because there is more clearance under the rear fascia(i think).

just gettin it under the mechanical components.....

ooooh maybe i can keep some short 2x4s in the trunk and stack them up and move the car's flat over them and it will give me the clearance i need to slide the jack under ( i dont even have the jack yet though. it didnt come with car <_< ) i'll have to get a jack...and a spare. :rolleyes:

edit: i didnt think of it but maybe they were concerned over the TCS system? but dont all new mustangs have that?

hmmm i also wonder why they told me the little donut will mees up rear end.... <_<

i guess so they can charge me oodles for a new sensor if i use the slime kit? probably :rolleyes:

yea another thing about using a jack...i'm gonna need to find one that will slide under that SGT. screw jacks are a lil too tall. and there's not much grass areas where i go to work...its nearly all concrete...so it will be hard to dig out a trench in the concrete to roll a jack under. at least the rear wont be a problem because there is more clearance under the rear fascia(i think).

just gettin it under the mechanical components.....

ooooh maybe i can keep some short 2x4s in the trunk and stack them up and move the car's flat over them and it will give me the clearance i need to slide the jack under ( i dont even have the jack yet though. it didnt come with car <_< ) i'll have to get a jack...and a spare. :rolleyes:

Hey...the 2x4's ain't a bad idea....cut two short peices with a 45 degee angle on both ends to easy the roll on, may just work, then just slide a standard GT Sissor jack under and scew her up...err, jack her up rather..lol

Rusty

IMHO SAI removed the regular spare to lighten the car for racing. Rusty

Well, nope, nadda, not us, not our idea, not in our shop. This WAS STRICKLY a Ford decision. When we started to do the PDI's on the 07's that is when we also found out that there was no spare--only the inflator kit. So, IMHO, Ford removed the regular spare to lighten the car for racing---but then again, probably not.

Bud

Well, nope, nadda, not us, not our idea, not in our shop. This WAS STRICKLY a Ford decision. When we started to do the PDI's on the 07's that is when we also found out that there was no spare--only the inflator kit. So, IMHO, Ford removed the regular spare to lighten the car for racing---but then again, probably not.

Bud

Thanks Bud, I stand corrected. None the less it's not there and to lighten the car would be an assumption (to race) but probably not... :lol:

Rusty

If you really want to add the ContiComfortKit system and your car does not have it, get the system from Tire Rack for about 86.00 including s/h. Then get the holder,strap and bracket for about 45.00 from your Ford dealer 131.00 give or take a few dollars is a lot cheaper than 209.00 + S/H

If you really want to add the ContiComfortKit system and your car does not have it, get the system from Tire Rack for about 86.00 including s/h. Then get the holder,strap and bracket for about 45.00 from your Ford dealer 131.00 give or take a few dollars is a lot cheaper than 209.00 + S/H

my shelby came with the slime kit. i may just have to rely on that..i just hope i dont get a flat on the way to work because i'll have to let it sit in the parking lot all night before i can take it to get tire replaced or fixed ...and i wonder if the goo will hold up the tire till then? i guess this stuff stays cured for a while...

any word on how long the goo will hold up the tire?

no, the build sheet says "spare tire delete".......came with inflation kit from factory.

I would like to know what happened to the driving lights we paid for with the GT package and are gone when we receive the SGT. Where did they go. Who sold them, to whom, and for how much. I wish the SGT had driving lights.

I would like to know what happened to the driving lights we paid for with the GT package and are gone when we receive the SGT. Where did they go. Who sold them, to whom, and for how much. I wish the SGT had driving lights.

The driving lights, the original spoiler, the spare tire & jack, delete, delete, delete.......Ford=cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching. <_<

Archived