TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Something of Interest

I recently rented GT-H #409 in Kalispell, MT. I was flying into the airport and walked up to the counter and they had a poster on the wall showing the GT-H. I told the clerk I'll take the GTH and she replied "OK when do you want it". I was shocked! I couldn't figure out how they got a GTH in a small airport in Kalispell. I finally talked to the owner. Apparently he owns his own dealership (I'm assuming a franchise) and Hertz let him buy one. He told me they let 23 indepdendent Hertz dealers have a GTH. They actually had to have a raffle because so many wanted the car. The dealers had to have the best customer satisfaction rating and they alloted 23 cars for the independants. He also told me he did not have to turn his car back in to Hertz he could keep it indefinately. I thought this was an interesting story that I believe to be true. It also means that there are 23 less GTHs that will be sold to the public; assuming they hang on to them. I thought other GTH owners would be interested in this info and maybe somebody else can confirm it.

Stephen GTH #417

I recently rented GT-H #409 in Kalispell, MT. I was flying into the airport and walked up to the counter and they had a poster on the wall showing the GT-H. I told the clerk I'll take the GTH and she replied "OK when do you want it". I was shocked! I couldn't figure out how they got a GTH in a small airport in Kalispell. I finally talked to the owner. Apparently he owns his own dealership (I'm assuming a franchise) and Hertz let him buy one. He told me they let 23 indepdendent Hertz dealers have a GTH. They actually had to have a raffle because so many wanted the car. The dealers had to have the best customer satisfaction rating and they alloted 23 cars for the independants. He also told me he did not have to turn his car back in to Hertz he could keep it indefinately. I thought this was an interesting story that I believe to be true. It also means that there are 23 less GTHs that will be sold to the public; assuming they hang on to them. I thought other GTH owners would be interested in this info and maybe somebody else can confirm it.

Stephen GTH #417

Yep, my local Hertz dealer still has his. Small independent guy in the middle of nowhere upstate NY

Archived